Watching any series on tv?

Old 04-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

The latest episodes of the new season, not on PBS of A Place to Call Home and Doc Martin are on Acorn TV. Also the new season of Longmire is on Netflix.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

I am liking tv less and less, but I do enjoy Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman even though reruns, but I like the time period. I like some things on the History Channel, Nature, and some things on PBS. On Saturday I watch a few of the Law and Order Special Victims Unit. I despise most commercials. News isn't like it use to be, but will watch something urgent going on with a grain of salt. I love animal shows, and dramas of family values that once was.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:04 PM

It has been a long time since I watched network TV. INSP, History, Animal Planet, Nat Geo Wild, TLC, BBCA, PBS. I kind of surf but have some shows I watch & don't really mind the reruns.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:12 AM

My husband and I watch Better call Saul and Vikings. I just started watching Mr. Selfridge on DVD, starting season 2 next. I enjoyed Poldark with Aiden Turner, waiting for season 2 to start up. I miss Downton Abbey already, I have all six seasons so I will watch the series again later this year. Oh I almost forgot about Good Eats, I think I have 245 episodes recorded.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:20 AM

love the Chicago series(all 3) - Fire,MD and PD. also watch the competition shows - Survivor,Amazing Race.and love the new Steve Harvey show with the kids.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:05 AM

On Netflix we watched Longmire. It was a terrific series and DH really loved it.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:51 PM

We DVR lots of stuff and then watch when we want as both of us retired. My DH is much more of a TV addict than I am, but together we watch PBS for Mercy Street (the Civil War hospital one); Father Brown, Midsumer Mysteries, Call the Midwives and just saw an episode of Grantchester that a friend had recommended. We also watch Blacklist, NCIS (all 3--but always the original), Elementary, Major Crimes and Madame Secretary. One that we got as a DVD and then later checked the next 2 seasons out of the library, is Last Tango in Halifax--an older couple with grown kids reconnect after being widowed for many years--had been teen couple. It's a BBC show and we really like it but not seeing it listed on our PBS or BBC yet. But do know it's coming on it's 4th season. Does anyone watch this? We also just started watching The Catch cause we really like the actress (Mireille Enos??) who was in The Killing which we also liked. Wish Longmire was still on.
We also watch a lot of sports---but I leave that to my DH except for college basketball and baseball--I do watch KU Jayhawks and KC Royals in that case.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:14 PM

I like "Call the Midwife","Dr. Blake Mysteries","Fr. Brown", "Grandchester", "Doc Martin". All the PBS shows we watch are much better than the stuff that the 3 networks are offering. On network TV we watch all of the NCIS series, but not much else.
Its baseball season, so I watch a game whenever I can.