We Are Awesome!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:03 PM

when I went to school, I actually remember having real Christmas plays that celebrated Santa Clause and the nativity. WE were allowed to say Pledge Allegiance to the Flag and there were no lawsuits over that, and we always had a morning prayer at the start of the school day. WE were lucky, we had faith and we were allowed to show it. What a shame the youngsters of today do not have that anymore.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 PM

Thank u 4 putting allllllllllllll in one its awesome
My DD asked her father what was u doing when u mad or feel sad when u was a child?
He told her "going up to tree and sit there for hours then going down again
After your mother calling u? she asked
No after boring ....... All alone, my mother would never recognize my absence........ we were 9
Old 02-19-2011, 09:32 PM

One of the benefits of growing up back then...

No instant anything.
I remember when margarine first came out!
It was my job to stir the yellow food coloring stuff into the block of lard looking glop...and we ate the stuff!
HA!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 PM

Amen!!! I tell my Grown Children this all the time and Grand Children.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 AM

My grand daughters can spend hours asking me about In your tme or when you were young, I'll have them read your post. We survived
Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 AM

Yes those were the days and fun! With all the safety rules now days the children are the most sickest I've ever heard I'm always hear someone saying their child is on some kind of pill. It was hardly ever to see a fat child now they are all over the place, because they don't play outside they sit and play all their games on Xbox, computers etc. Most of them can give you the right change if they have to do in their mind. Just a few!!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:45 AM

My DD and DS have just returned from a scout camp, where they made a slide out of old tarps and carried water up from the river to make it slippery and spent hours sliding down it, having a great time. They had a huge rope swing which swung them high out over the river and then they let go. They went canoeing and swimming all those great things we did as children, before the fun police told us it was dangerous.
Thank goodness there are still ways out there that kids can have some good old fashion fun without electronic gadgets.
Boy, do I have alot of clothes to wash LOL, and they have a few sore muscles but their smiles are worth it. They survived!!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by sewer 55
Not only did our homes have small rooms, but as kids we shared bedrooms AND five people in the house and all shared just ONE bathroom! How did we ever make it???
I think its because we didn't have so much Stuff. I was talking to my brother about this the other day. lol My grandparents took us in after my parents couldn't take care of us anymore and foster homes were horrible. We lived in a 2 bedroom 2 bath house . There were 5 kids , 2 sets of bunkbeds ,1 dresser, 1 closet, 3 girls and 2 boys. In one room. Can you imagine???
Old 02-20-2011, 04:18 AM

Lol 6 kids in my family and 1 bathroom!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by MerryQuilter
Lol 6 kids in my family and 1 bathroom!
When my grandfather built his house he put a bathroom in each bedroom I guess for guests. I don't think they were planning on raising 5 kids. I didn't have my own room until I was 17 when they moved to another house they owned then I moved out and got married at 18 . lol It was nice to only have one other person in the bedroom. I didn't mind sharing the bathroom , well other than the time my little brother peed in my school shoes, it was the bedroom I would have liked to have fewer people in.