Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We celebrate Valentine's day early. >

We celebrate Valentine's day early.

We celebrate Valentine's day early.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:54 PM

Default We celebrate Valentine's day early.

My husband and I went out today instead. Had a nice romantic lunch at the Olive Garden. The service was wonderful, it was so good she got a 20 dollar tip on a 40 dollar tab!

Then it was off to Bed Bath & Beyond. To window shop and see if I could find the two kitchen tools I have been wanting. No luck but I did find a couple of useful things. Then to Target where I got some Star Wars action figures for my collection. .

Most of you know my husband and I are not your usual old married couple....LOL I don't go for the usual "girly" things.
Don't get me wrong I love to get flowers and my Mother's rings is to die for.
I get power tools, vacuums, appliances..etc I love my little action figure guys. So that is what I got for Valentine's day.

The first picture is of what I got today.
The second picture is my Coke crate with my Star Wars gang on it.
Attached Thumbnails 0213141722.jpg   0213141723.jpg  
Old 02-13-2014, 06:00 PM

Nice! My best friend and cousin is drilling over these items...I have to send her a towel now to wipe up the floor. Lol
Old 02-14-2014, 06:22 AM

What a nice day, I love your star wars display on the coke crate it's perfect for them.

Just out of curiosity what kitchen tools are you looking for? I love to cook and have a few tools I love I always have my eye open for new ideas.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

We don't do a whole lot for Valentine's Day. I did get roses yesterday. My rose bushes haven't produced roses for 2 years. That is why I got roses. My granddaughter would love your collection and she's only 6.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
What a nice day, I love your star wars display on the coke crate it's perfect for them.

Just out of curiosity what kitchen tools are you looking for? I love to cook and have a few tools I love I always have my eye open for new ideas.

These two things..... I was watching one of my favorite cooking shows ( Good Eats) with Alton Brown. The flat tenderizer tool is good for pounding chicken breasts flatter. And the needle looking one is is get the spices down into the meats a little better, as well as making your own cube steak. The cube steak at the store tastes funny and usually is
usually made up of a couple different cuts of meat. So I would rather make my own out of sirloin...lol
Attached Thumbnails 31iel1upbil._sl190_cr0-0-190-246_.jpg   41qd2kvzmll._sl190_cr0-0-190-246_.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
We don't do a whole lot for Valentine's Day. I did get roses yesterday. My rose bushes haven't produced roses for 2 years. That is why I got roses. My granddaughter would love your collection and she's only 6.
I plan on making ol' Obi Wan a proper cloak. I have some brown flannel around someplace.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:41 AM

Your Coke crate makes an excellent display! I think I'll be on the look out for one of those for my son. He is obsessed with "little plastic dollies" (as his big brother says).