Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We are getting an Aldi store >

We are getting an Aldi store

We are getting an Aldi store

Old 09-24-2011, 05:52 AM

I love Aldi's. I have yet to buy anything there that I haven't been happy with. The "Fit and Active" brand is excellent. The Chix. breasts are great. My husband thinks the Key Lime pie is the best ever! I have had great success with their meats. I use reuseable bags where I shop so that feature is right up my alley. And I don't have to worry about hitting a grocery cart in the parking lot!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:20 AM

Aldis is a great little store. We buy all our milk, eggs, honey, bread, potatoes, fruit and most can food and ice cream there. Cheap prices but most are their own name brand. They have improved quality a lot over the years. They have the shopping carts that you put a quarter in to use and then get it back when you leave. That way all the carts are chained together and no carts in the lot to scratch cars.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:21 AM

We like most of Aldi's products, a few we didn't care for and some we just never purchased because we just wouldn't use them. I just love their specials (if they're not sold out by the time I get there), their prices are excellent and the checkout is FAST!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:31 AM

Great store. As jaciqltznok wrote, the bouquets of fresh flowers are long-lasting and very reasonably priced. Of course, the food is tops too, but I love fresh flowers every so often, and it's not an expensive splurge. If they only had fabric there....
Old 09-24-2011, 06:52 AM

I love Aldi's prices-their canned goods are cheaper than M or W's store brand -produce is too,a smaller selection than the big stores They have a nice selection of frozen stuff if you like that kind of stuff -The only only thing I did not like was their Beaumont Coffee. They gave me my money back,when I mention it I didn't even have the can with me. OH make sure you have a Quarter for the shopping cart,when you return it you get it back- another way they keep prices down.I wish the bigger stores would do this.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by anniesews
Does anyone know whether these are good to shop at stores? We live in a college town and I think that is why they want to build here. I hope they have good food and prices. We already have a Wal-mart and Meijers but some competition might bring their prices down. Hope so anyway.
Hi, We have many Aldi stores here in the U.K. also in Germany where we visit relatives often.Here they sell local veg and meat and we find them great.Also the staff are so polite and fast on the checkouts, we would hate to be without them.As always it's a case of buying what you find of value, we look for special offers.Funny thing is a friend of mine has a son who is a director of Aldi U.K. and she never shops there! Shhh, love her as I do, she is a bit of a snob.! x
Old 09-24-2011, 07:12 AM

We have several Aldi in our area. I love shopping there. The quality is good, the prices are fantastic and I love their Fit & Active brand. I almost always go there first to do my shopping and then hit another store to get what they don't carry. They are always adding to their stock of items that I use the most of. For example - SunChips multigrain chips Original at the store is usually about $3.00 - $3.50 Aldi brand - Clancy's Multigrain chip $1.99. The produce is just as good as all the other stores. Bananas are usually about 15 cents a pound cheaper that the other stores. You will love it.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:21 AM

Aldi's is a great store...love their prices for fresh fruit in the summer...I try not to go there on the weekend...too busy for me as it is a small store, but I always feel I get really good buys there.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:29 AM

This is really interesting! There is an Aldi's being built down the street from me. Will check it out when it opens.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:43 AM

You will love this store. Nothing fancy but good prices and good quality on most things.