wearing saftey pins

Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe View Post
I sure would like to know if the static thingy really works! I literally have to touch metal everytime I move during the winter! No one wants to touch or be touched by me then! Even touching the plastic door panels in the truck I get a shock if I happen to touch one of the screws in the door. Grocery carts are good too if I take off my jacket and hit the cart!
I get static shocks all the time too. Two hints: when getting out of a vehicle I found if I hold the door frame while I'm getting out I avoid a shock(of course, I still shut the door by touching the window, not the metal). Also, first touch metal with a touch of a fingernail. It doesn't hurt as much as a full touch of your finger.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 PM

My SIL used to condition and moisturize the heck out of her hair in the winter, because she thought it was dry. Well, it wasn't dry, it was full of static! One day I pulled a dryer sheet out of the pocket of my purse, brushed it lightly over my hair (which was flyaway that day) and she was amazed at how my hair calmed down. I think she keeps a dryer sheet in her purse now, lol.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:56 AM

Ha Ha... I wear safety pins! When I run across one, I pin it to whatever I am wearing. Often I forget to take them off before laundering... Many times I've been in stores, and people would ask me about it.