Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: WEBSHOTS is back!

WEBSHOTS is back!

I am so happy! I loved webshots and was really bummed when it was closed down
    and the replacement, Smiles, was HORRIBLE, took a lot of work to get it off my computer.

Today I got a happy birthday from webshots!! (not my birthday, but that was the day I used there)
    Oh my gosh...I'm gushing, but their wallpapers are wonderful.

I haven't checked to see if we can upload images into our own place, I probably won't do that again
    but I'm so happy!

http://www.webshots.com/index.html

Thanks for the info, I had completely forgotten about webshots. I used to have it and loved all the great photos

Yes, thank for the info. I haven't been out there in so long I totally forgot about it. Will have to check it out and see what I have out there.

Yeah...signed up again. They had the funniest dog pics. tusm

thanks for the update. I used it several years ago until it changed to Smiles. It never did work right after that. I just downloaded it and am trying to get it set up. For some reason I can't get it to set the wallpaper but I'm not the most computer savvy person either. I'll keep playing with it or just contact their support.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Thanks for sharing, I've missed it, too.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    I am so happy! I loved webshots and was really bummed when it was closed down
    and the replacement, Smiles, was HORRIBLE, took a lot of work to get it off my computer.

Today I got a happy birthday from webshots!! (not my birthday, but that was the day I used there)
    Oh my gosh...I'm gushing, but their wallpapers are wonderful.

I haven't checked to see if we can upload images into our own place, I probably won't do that again
    but I'm so happy!

http://www.webshots.com/index.html
    this has, actually, been available for a while now. i have checked my old link recently just out of curiosity. this is a free image site. images to use as desk top wall paper. its not the online photo storage/sharing site we all used for so many years. i haven't gotten too serious about finding a webshot type replacement that was as easy to load & share pics as the old webshots was. i have accounts at two other sites, photogra & snapfish. i like both. i had photogra account before friend talked me into trying webshots. i liked their display style. snapfish has a blog section like dropbox & others that were so popular for a while. they were bought out just as webshots was bought back, fun free rides that have come to an end. i'll probably just stay with photogra now for photo hosting/sharing & start using the snapfish site more again because i like the way it's set up, ease of use and the blog. but blogging takes a lot of time/work & i am, essentially, lazy.
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

very few are free any more you dont have many choices

Quote Originally Posted by willferg View Post
    Thanks for sharing, I've missed it, too.
    Thanks so much!! I used to have this before & like you Smiles never worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
    very few are free any more you dont have many choices
    Photobucket has the free uploading of your photos.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Never heard of it. But so far so good in checking it out. Thanks for sharing