Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-13-2010, 12:12 AM

OK you guys, you have me giggling now just picturing the May Pole Dance. Love It. Missy your letter is perfect. It's direct and does not ramble. They say to keep these letters short and informative. Good Luck and stay positive. I'm sure you will see a drop in your weight from the Texas trip.
CarolJ I'm in Victorville and it's also hot here and I walk in the a.m. my 1 1/2 miles in a park close to our home. Also try to walk again in the evening just before sunset unless it stays to hot. But like Gwyn I had to be uncomfortable so if it's to hot I tend to skip the evening walk.
I got the fabric today for the end of the month because I don't think I can do as well as any of you. But even if it's only a couple of pounds a month it's an improvement. That is after all what we all are working towards.
CarolJ Hope your headache is gone today.
Gail
Old 08-13-2010, 04:09 AM

WooHoo.....Im down 5 1/2 pounds since Aug 1. That's really 7 1/2 from my peak weight a few days before this started.

I just have to make it through the weekend. They kill me. This one will be hard because my sister is coming. She has a problem absorbing nutrients so she has to eat like 3000 calories a day to maintain 100 pounds. It is so hard to be around her because she literally has to eat all the time.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Okay. So not only am I a sick puppy but so is my family. My case in point:

My sister tells my mom that we need to take a pole dancing class. My mom starts snickering and so does my sister and I decided I could hold it in no longer. I blurted out that if I were to swing around a pole it would end up looking like a giant corn dog. *snort*

So. Yeah. We are a sick family.

Missy

Ladies, come on down to Florida, I already HAVE the pole
:lol: :lol: I told my oldest daughter about 3 years ago that I'd like to take a pole dancing class if I could find one in my area, I think I must have heard that it was the newest/hottest trend in exercise, so my daughter went on line and found a portable pole and sent it to me. It's still "brand new in the box" :thumbup: :thumbup: we can break that puppy out!!!! It will be much more fun to do with others, it came complete with how to video also still brand new in the box.

So my date last nite went exceptionally well, I had some green beans, corn on the cob (no butter), and a large salad, though I did splurge on the salad, I put about a tablespoon of raisins and 4 pickled beets on the salad. I figured since I skipped the mac-n-cheese it would be okay. The only fish they had was fried so I quickly walked past it and never looked back. I actually found that I was so excited about taking my bestest man to his first ever play that food was secondary. :lol: :lol: Looking forward to taking him to another one, maybe not a musical next time.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
OK you guys, you have me giggling now just picturing the May Pole Dance. Love It. Missy your letter is perfect. It's direct and does not ramble. They say to keep these letters short and informative. Good Luck and stay positive. I'm sure you will see a drop in your weight from the Texas trip.
CarolJ I'm in Victorville and it's also hot here and I walk in the a.m. my 1 1/2 miles in a park close to our home. Also try to walk again in the evening just before sunset unless it stays to hot. But like Gwyn I had to be uncomfortable so if it's to hot I tend to skip the evening walk.
I got the fabric today for the end of the month because I don't think I can do as well as any of you. But even if it's only a couple of pounds a month it's an improvement. That is after all what we all are working towards.
CarolJ Hope your headache is gone today.
Gail
Thank you Gail! You are so sweet. I will definitely keep you all updated on the letter/position situation.

I will be weighing in next week at the hospital so we will see what my weight is then.

Missy
Old 08-13-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
WooHoo.....Im down 5 1/2 pounds since Aug 1. That's really 7 1/2 from my peak weight a few days before this started.

I just have to make it through the weekend. They kill me. This one will be hard because my sister is coming. She has a problem absorbing nutrients so she has to eat like 3000 calories a day to maintain 100 pounds. It is so hard to be around her because she literally has to eat all the time.
From what I read you should have a day where you aren't counting calories to keep your body from lowering its metabolism.

I panic when I go over my projected calorie count. But I have been trying to eat a bit more one day a week. Not a lot, but maybe have 200 - 300 calories over my normal routine.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Okay. So not only am I a sick puppy but so is my family. My case in point:

My sister tells my mom that we need to take a pole dancing class. My mom starts snickering and so does my sister and I decided I could hold it in no longer. I blurted out that if I were to swing around a pole it would end up looking like a giant corn dog. *snort*

So. Yeah. We are a sick family.

Missy

Ladies, come on down to Florida, I already HAVE the pole
:lol: :lol: I told my oldest daughter about 3 years ago that I'd like to take a pole dancing class if I could find one in my area, I think I must have heard that it was the newest/hottest trend in exercise, so my daughter went on line and found a portable pole and sent it to me. It's still "brand new in the box" :thumbup: :thumbup: we can break that puppy out!!!! It will be much more fun to do with others, it came complete with how to video also still brand new in the box.

So my date last nite went exceptionally well, I had some green beans, corn on the cob (no butter), and a large salad, though I did splurge on the salad, I put about a tablespoon of raisins and 4 pickled beets on the salad. I figured since I skipped the mac-n-cheese it would be okay. The only fish they had was fried so I quickly walked past it and never looked back. I actually found that I was so excited about taking my bestest man to his first ever play that food was secondary. :lol: :lol: Looking forward to taking him to another one, maybe not a musical next time.
Now that would be so much fun!! Pole dancing in Florida!

I am so proud of how you handled the food situation last night. You did the right thing!

I think your bestest man is going to love going to plays with you.

Missy
Old 08-13-2010, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by seamstome

From what I read you should have a day where you aren't counting calories to keep your body from lowering its metabolism.

I panic when I go over my projected calorie count. But I have been trying to eat a bit more one day a week. Not a lot, but maybe have 200 - 300 calories over my normal routine.
I have never heard of that before. Wow. I will have to try that to see if it keeps my metabolism going. Interesting.

Missy
Old 08-13-2010, 07:16 AM

Terryl, I'm glad you had a good time with your grandson. I get to see mine several tmes a week and it is great! The oldest is 7 years old and the other is 3 years old. They crack me up with their antics.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Terryl, I'm glad you had a good time with your grandson. I get to see mine several tmes a week and it is great! The oldest is 7 years old and the other is 3 years old. They crack me up with their antics.
Children are so much fun!

Missy
Old 08-13-2010, 07:26 AM

Missy, I have read you should up your calories at least once a week in several places. I'm not saying eat anything you want, but just eat a more than your "normal diet calorie intake."

The last place I read this (I believe) was on Livestrong.com. It is a site to to chart your fitness and food. It also has articles and videos ranging from recipes, excercise, cancer, personal care and more. The site is sponsered by Lance Armstrong. I have been on it since July, and it charts my intake by the day, week and month. If you are diabetic it also charts your glucose and insulin. I started my dad on it yesterday and he could immediately see where he is making errors in his diet. I love the program. Someone else here uses it, I can't remember who, but she showed a chart of her weight loss from the site.