Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-23-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
People with downs are so lovable. A family friend (a young woman) has a brother who is 17 with downs and she tells the funniest stories about him. She says he is always happy and never complaiins about anything. When he goes out he tells people he doesn't get feed and makes up stories to the cashiers at their local supermarket. All the cashiers know him. He loves the Hardy Boy books and always asked if there was really a town named Bayport as that is where the Hardy boys live. The family never knew, I guess no one googled it for him. There is only 1 town in the entire USA named Bayport and wikipedia describes it as the town from the Hardy Boy's along with other stuff. We moved from Bayport to Ohio. When he heard that you would have thought he met the Queen of England. It is nice to be friends with Russ not to many people would. You have a heart of gold Missy and I am honored to call you my friend.
Aww Thank you!!! I just love Russ. He is funny as all get out. Last night we were drinking slurpees and he kept sticking his tongue way out. When Mike asked him why he was doing that he replied that he wanted to see how red his tongue was not realizing that he could look in the mirror. LOL! Way funny and sooo sweet. Gotta love these people that are hand picked by God to be ambassadors for him and his love.

Missy
Old 08-23-2010, 01:52 PM

Hi all. Yesterday was my official weigh in. The scale is going down. I feel good; I'm walk 4 out of 7 days a week & dancing one night a week. Averaging 2#s a weeks is a healthy weight loss plan and I'm not feeling to awlfully deprived so far. As a reward for all my hard work and diligence, I bought myself a pair of Rebok Runtones. Granted I could have bought some fabric AND a pair of sneakers instead, but I deserve it :thumbup: I have numbness in my right foot that usually intensifies when I'm walking. I don't know if it was my imagination, but that didn't happen when I walked in my new Rebok Runtones today.

Well ladies, thank you for giving me a place to come and discuss my weight loss journey. You all keep up the good work!

Total weight loss to day: 6.6#s

As of 22Aug2010: 187.2
As of 15Aug2010: 189.2
As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
As of 1Aug2010: 193.8
Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM

Well ladies, thank you for giving me a place to come and discuss my weight loss journey. You all keep up the good work!

As of 1Aug2010: 193.8[/quote]

Good Job! Keep it up...I love your attitude!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
Hi all. Yesterday was my official weigh in. The scale is going down. I feel good; I'm walk 4 out of 7 days a week & dancing one night a week. Averaging 2#s a weeks is a healthy weight loss plan and I'm not feeling to awlfully deprived so far. As a reward for all my hard work and diligence, I bought myself a pair of Rebok Runtones. Granted I could have bought a some fabric AND a pair of sneakers instead, but I deserve it :thumbup: I have numbness in my right foot that usually intensifies when I'm walking. I don't know if it was my imagination, but that didn't happen when I walked in my new Rebok Runtones today. .

Doing the happy dance for you.............I better stop I can't catch my breath and I am breaking out in a sweat!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM

Hi all. Yesterday was my official weigh in. The scale is going down. I feel good; I'm walk 4 out of 7 days a week & dancing one night a week. Averaging 2#s a weeks is a healthy weight loss plan and I'm not feeling to awlfully deprived so far. As a reward for all my hard work and diligence, I bought myself a pair of Rebok Runtones. Granted I could have bought some fabric AND a pair of sneakers instead, but I deserve it :thumbup: I have numbness in my right foot that usually intensifies when I'm walking. I don't know if it was my imagination, but that didn't happen when I walked in my new Rebok Runtones today.

Roseanne...

This is great news!! Yay for you!

What exactly is a Reebok Runtones?

Missy
Old 08-23-2010, 04:54 PM

Here's the description of what these new style sneakers are 'suppose' to do. I can't say they feel any different than other sneakers, but I decided to give them a try just the same :)

RunTone Action - Women
You asked for it – you got it: the muscle-toning shoe you can wear while running, training and working out. Compared to a traditional running shoe, RunTone, a close cousin to our EasyTone shoe, encourages more activation in key leg muscles like the calves and quads and reduces overall body stress.
•RunTone patented sole technology features 8 pods of moving air that force your muscles to work harder; encourages increased muscle activation, toning, strength and endurance
•Synthetic/mesh upper ensures comfort, fit and durability
•SmoothFit seamless liner minimizes rub and irritation
•DMX Shear cushioning panels for added comfort and reduced heel stress; IMEVA midsole for added cushioning; removable sockliner accommodates orthotics

Rebok Runtones
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103123[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-103118.jpe  
Old 08-23-2010, 04:59 PM

Here's the description of what these new style sneakers are 'suppose' to do. I can't say they feel any different than other sneakers, but I decided to give them a try just the same :)

RunTone Action - Women
You asked for it – you got it: the muscle-toning shoe you can wear while running, training and working out. Compared to a traditional running shoe, RunTone, a close cousin to our EasyTone shoe, encourages more activation in key leg muscles like the calves and quads and reduces overall body stress.
•RunTone patented sole technology features 8 pods of moving air that force your muscles to work harder; encourages increased muscle activation, toning, strength and endurance
•Synthetic/mesh upper ensures comfort, fit and durability
•SmoothFit seamless liner minimizes rub and irritation
•DMX Shear cushioning panels for added comfort and reduced heel stress; IMEVA midsole for added cushioning; removable sockliner accommodates orthotics
Ooh ok. Thanks for telling us about them. I will have to see if they sell them here.

Missy
Old 08-23-2010, 06:24 PM

Update Folks!

Thursday my mom and I are having Mike and his Mother, Jenny, over for brunch.

I have going to be making an Aztec Quiche, Andouille Palmiers, Sausage links, Baguette slices with hot cheese and green onions, fresh fruit, caesar salad and coffee/juice.

I am very excited and so is Mike. He told me tonight that his mom is very excited too.

Wow. Such fun is this friendship!

Missy
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 PM

Hey Missy Sounds really good I love Quiche how do you make it?
It's so nice that you and Mike are including your families in your new friendship. Have a wonderful time together. It's not often that we find someone we feel so comfortable with right away.
Gail
Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Hi I have not been on this post for a while. I have not eaten in 2 weeks. Today is my first day to eat soft foods. I have lost 8 pounds in that 2 weeks. I still can't tell I'm still swollen from the surgery.
Omigosh! I am so sorry you have not been able to eat. Would you remind me what kind of surgery you had. I sincerely hope youare on the upward swing! It is never fun to lose weight because you are sick.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
Missy

Thanks. It was a Hiatal Hernia repair. Feeling much better today. And I am still eatting soft foods.