Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Banned

Missy is fine. I called her, she hasn't been getting e-mail notices so she hasn't come here. Now Missy is 1 of many who doesn't get notified because I NEVER do.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:35 AM

HEY HEY HEY!! I am HERE!! I. AM. HERE. Did you guys here me yelling all the way from South Dakota????

Tru...Gwyn...all of you! Listen up!

I am here and I am back and in force. I am so happy for Bonnie!! YAY for the big loss!!

What is going on here for Miss Missy? Nothing. Except for remodeling and sneezing and snotting. What is snotting you ask? You do not want to know. It is so not pretty.

How are the voices? They are sometimes here and sometimes there. But, I am doing good cause I am being a good girl and taking my meds.

My therapist's water broke this morning so no Audra for 12+ weeks. Ugh. I am going to miss her very much.

I have decided and then undecided and then decided again what fabric to use to make this quilt I am doing for the Navy newlyweds I have adopted.

Well I have just been told my Mr. Butt Crack that he is going to start spraying the ceiling so I have to get my laptop out of the living room. UGH. Did I say yet how much I hate remodeling???

Love y'all!

Missy

PS: I am posting this on both this thread and the December thread. Just for S&Gs.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by Carol Wilson
The only easy way to lose weight is to eat whatever you like as long as you don't swallow it.

Regards

Aussie Carol
hahahahahahahahahaha!
Oh. My. Gosh. I have such a bad visual image in my head right now. Blech. LMAO!

Missy
Old 12-02-2010, 10:23 AM

Here are just a few ideas for getting through this party season and still zipping your pants:

When you go to a party, take something you can eat. A pretty veggie tray with low fat dip is usually a welcome sight for nearly everyone.

Skip the alcohol and be the designated driver. You are serving others and minimizing your calories at the same time.

Only make enough servings for everyone to have 1 (uno). Feed any extras to the garbage disposal. If people bug you to take more, tell them it will look better on them than you. After all, they are skinny minies.

Instead of serving spoons, use soup spoons. They don't hold as much. You can have a spoonful of everything on the buffet as long as it is only a soup spoon full.

So, Aunt Maude made her famous, oooey gooey million calorie whatever it is - and on a graham cracker crust too. What shall you do? Have a skinny friend get you both a piece. Skinny people understand portion control by instinct. Thank them profusely and eat your piece in tiny savory bites. One regular normal serving isn't the killer, it is the supersized and second servings that will do you in.

Finally, eat a small salad and some protein before you get dressed. The protein will help your brain control your urges and keep you thinking. The small salad will help fill you up so you aren't starving. And drink plenty of water with ice and lemon in it.

Want to stay on an even keel? Keep up with tea time. De-frazzling time and a healthy snack will keep you healthier, happier and more in control.

Good luck everyone. Let's maintain our healthy habits and come to a new year renewed, refreshed and re-energized!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Here are just a few ideas for getting through this party season and still zipping your pants:

When you go to a party, take something you can eat. A pretty veggie tray with low fat dip is usually a welcome sight for nearly everyone.

Skip the alcohol and be the designated driver. You are serving others and minimizing your calories at the same time.

Only make enough servings for everyone to have 1 (uno). Feed any extras to the garbage disposal. If people bug you to take more, tell them it will look better on them than you. After all, they are skinny minies.

Instead of serving spoons, use soup spoons. They don't hold as much. You can have a spoonful of everything on the buffet as long as it is only a soup spoon full.

So, Aunt Maude made her famous, oooey gooey million calorie whatever it is - and on a graham cracker crust too. What shall you do? Have a skinny friend get you both a piece. Skinny people understand portion control by instinct. Thank them profusely and eat your piece in tiny savory bites. One regular normal serving isn't the killer, it is the supersized and second servings that will do you in.

Finally, eat a small salad and some protein before you get dressed. The protein will help your brain control your urges and keep you thinking. The small salad will help fill you up so you aren't starving. And drink plenty of water with ice and lemon in it.

Want to stay on an even keel? Keep up with tea time. De-frazzling time and a healthy snack will keep you healthier, happier and more in control.

Good luck everyone. Let's maintain our healthy habits and come to a new year renewed, refreshed and re-energized!
Excellent advice Gwyn! I think the spoon thing is my favorite. It is so right on track with how I am going to eat at these events. Friday night is my first party this month and I will be doing the spoon thing. Of course it is a buffet so that will work perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to write that out.

Missy
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Hey,
Just checking in for my daily dose of cheerful motivation while I eat my oats, I forgot how much I liked whole oats with a dash or two of salt and honey for sweetining. Sure is more healthy than the mixture of coffee,diet pepsi and candy and /or cookies as is my usual . I don't really know how to go about this, even though I am in health care. I did the low carb thing for so long, while I lost weight and felt fantastic,I know now with the 70 lb weight gain it is not do-able for me in the way I was going about it those few years.
I think for this month I will just try to avoid binging (which I do so well at) and just try to get some more activity and make better choices like the last two am's with the oats.
Brightest blessings to all,
Rae
Hi Rae

There is a site www.livestrong.com Where you can track everything you eat. You put in your age,weight,and how much you would like to loose each wk. and it tells you how many calories to eat in a day. You can also track your exercise, put in recipes to see how many calories are in them and they also have recipes on site. I have found this very helpful.

Good to see you Missy I was begining to worry.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by lauriejo
OK since I can not get to the post office who would like to do it? The FQ would be sent to you and they would have to arrive by the middle of dec then you mail them. If a person misses the dead line they then will have to send the FQ themself.
I can forward the FQs to Bonnie.
Great............ thanks so much. I will post it on the Nov thread to contact you. Could I have your info so I can send it to you. How much should they send you to cover psotage, would you know cause I don't.

I have sent FQ to the US for the last 2 months and it cost me about $1.50 for each one. I don't know if it's about the same the other way.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:24 PM

Thank you for the pointer ,I will check it out!
Rae
Old 12-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Missy is fine. I called her, she hasn't been getting e-mail notices so she hasn't come here. Now Missy is 1 of many who doesn't get notified because I NEVER do.
I don't get posts from these threads regularly.. I get them if I make a comment but then after a day or two the notifications stop. I even have them ticked as "watch" but I hardly get any of the thread. Oh well.......
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by Carol Wilson
The only easy way to lose weight is to eat whatever you like as long as you don't swallow it.

Regards

Aussie Carol
hahahahahahahahahaha!
Don' t laugh - I've done it! Chew up a lovely homemade cookie, a jelly bean, whatever, just to get the taste and then spit it out( in private, of course - I'm not totally without manners!). That's when I was young and foolish

Now I'm old and foolish and only spit out the things I don't like! LOL!!!