Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Banned

I missed 3 pages.........beautiful quilt DD made Cindy.

This is the new topic.....since Missy and Mike are history it is now Janice and John. Do I see a theme with the initial being the same.
Background.............I dated John from the age of 21 -23. I was and still am his cousins BFF. I broke up with him. My grandfater died and he wouldn't come to he wake or funeral with me. I was hurt that he cared so little about my feelings. But we were young. I met my husband and still always had STRONG feelings for John. My BFF was moving to CA and there was a going away party. I went alone I was hoping if I could have gotten back with John my ex would have been history, we had just started to date. John never showed up at the party. I ended up getting married. John never did. He did have a long term GF but never lived with her. They broke up at least 8 years ago. BFF DD got married in Nov. BFF sent me pic of John and she said I should call him. I wrote this on my PDA and someone said to send a Christmas card. I did and in it I wrote.......Since I was unable to attend K wedding and couldn't say hi I tought I would send you a card instead. If you are ever bored out of your mind with nothing to do you can always call me. I included my phone #.
Yesterday I got an e-mail from BFF. On Christmas day John spoke to BFF sister (we all hung out years ago) He told her about the card and aqsked her opinion. She told him to call me, he said he would this week. He asked if I was still married she told him no. She told him to visit me in Ohio he said he might. She told him he has never stopped loving me, he didn't deny it.

He will never move from NY I can't leave Ohio..........sigh..... I don't know if he knows the extent of my disability either. I have to diet BIG time so we all better watch out. I was 105 when we were together I am 185 I better lose the 40 lbs I keep saying I have to lose. I will not get my hopes up of a relationship but it is fun to dream.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I missed 3 pages.........beautiful quilt DD made Cindy.

This is the new topic.....since Missy and Mike are history it is now Janice and John. Do I see a theme with the initial being the same.
Background.............I dated John from the age of 21 -23. I was and still am his cousins BFF. I broke up with him. My grandfater died and he wouldn't come to he wake or funeral with me. I was hurt that he cared so little about my feelings. But we were young. I met my husband and still always had STRONG feelings for John. My BFF was moving to CA and there was a going away party. I went alone I was hoping if I could have gotten back with John my ex would have been history, we had just started to date. John never showed up at the party. I ended up getting married. John never did. He did have a long term GF but never lived with her. They broke up at least 8 years ago. BFF DD got married in Nov. BFF sent me pic of John and she said I should call him. I wrote this on my PDA and someone said to send a Christmas card. I did and in it I wrote.......Since I was unable to attend K wedding and couldn't say hi I tought I would send you a card instead. If you are ever bored out of your mind with nothing to do you can always call me. I included my phone #.
Yesterday I got an e-mail from BFF. On Christmas day John spoke to BFF sister (we all hung out years ago) He told her about the card and aqsked her opinion. She told him to call me, he said he would this week. He asked if I was still married she told him no. She told him to visit me in Ohio he said he might. She told him he has never stopped loving me, he didn't deny it.

He will never move from NY I can't leave Ohio..........sigh..... I don't know if he knows the extent of my disability either. I have to diet BIG time so we all better watch out. I was 105 when we were together I am 185 I better lose the 40 lbs I keep saying I have to lose. I will not get my hopes up of a relationship but it is fun to dream.
Miss Tru...you are not your weight and neither are you your disabilities. You are so sweet and so loveable that I cannot imagine him meeting you in person again and NOT following in love you will all over again. I think that starting out as BFFs is a great place to start then let time and the heavens dictate what happens after that.

OH. OH. OH. (NOT Ho Ho Ho silly people) Do I need to send you a nickel?? I will if I have to little girl! I can send you the one I used while dating Mike. :D:D:D:D

Missy
Old 12-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

OH. OH. OH. (NOT Ho Ho Ho silly people) Do I need to send you a nickel?? I will if I have to little girl! I can send you the one I used while dating Mike. :D:D:D:D

Missy
Thank you for the offer but no Missy you don't have to send the nickel we had done it many, many times before even if it was 30 years ago. I am WIDE open for business.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Missy
Thank you for the offer but no Missy you don't have to send the nickel we had done it many, many times before even if it was 30 years ago. I am WIDE open for business.
*gasp* I am not believing this! You have done it many many times!?!? Holy guacamole Batman!! You are getting coal in your stocking next year. That is all there is to it!

:D:D:D:D:D

Missy
Old 12-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Banned

Missy
*gasp* I am not believing this! You have done it many many times!?!? Holy guacamole Batman!! You are getting coal in your stocking next year. That is all there is to it!

Missy
Well not with lots of different guys but with him actually more times with him then my ex. I could count on my hands how many times with my ex. he had LOTS of issues and I mean lots. we were in therapy, the therapist throw his hand in the air and said to me DIVORCE HIM!!!!!!!! I did!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:53 AM

Missy

Missy
Well not with lots of different guys but with him actually more times with him then my ex. I could count on my hands how many times with my ex. he had LOTS of issues and I mean lots. we were in therapy, the therapist throw his hand in the air and said to me DIVORCE HIM!!!!!!!! I did!!!
Oh wow! Hehe. I am glad you divorced him too. Because if you had not divorced him then there might not have been a chance for you and John.

Missy
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Banned

Missy Mom just think of all the exercise I will get if he does visit. So the real question is if it was done before is it OK to do it again if you haven't been together in 30 years?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Missy Mom just think of all the exercise I will get if he does visit. So the real question is if it was done before is it OK to do it again if you haven't been together in 30 years?
You got me Tru! I have no idea when it will be okay for ME to do it. LOL!!

Missy
Old 12-27-2010, 01:34 PM

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and will have a Blessed New Year. I lost this thread again (for the 3rd time) and had to do quite a bit of searching for it. How is everyone doing? I'm not doing well---been eating far more than I should during the holidays. Being really busy over the last month makes me also eat improperly. So I promised myself to get back on the WW program and do better in 2011. I better keep this promise!!! :) I don't know what's been going on with all of you so will have to spend some time reading the thread. Also wanted to thank you all for the support during 2010. Let's keep going, girls!!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and will have a Blessed New Year. I lost this thread again (for the 3rd time) and had to do quite a bit of searching for it. How is everyone doing? I'm not doing well---been eating far more than I should during the holidays. Being really busy over the last month makes me also eat improperly. So I promised myself to get back on the WW program and do better in 2011. I better keep this promise!!! :) I don't know what's been going on with all of you so will have to spend some time reading the thread. Also wanted to thank you all for the support during 2010. Let's keep going, girls!!!!!
I would bookmark this thread so you always know what it is.

I hope you had a good holiday as well! I had a great one.

There is TONS of stuff for you to catch up on. The biggest right now is Tru's long lost love has an interest in her again. I offered to give her my nickel but she refused. *sigh* Some people's parents!

Anyway...read on and on...then come back and tell us what you think about all of our mayhem and foolishness!

Missy