Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-09-2011, 07:18 PM

bad news....I ate a cupcake this afternoon :(
good news...the cocoanut cream pie is still whole in the freezer :)
Old 01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Beachbound
bad news....I ate a cupcake this afternoon :(
good news...the cocoanut cream pie is still whole in the freezer :)
LOL!! This made me laugh.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

he called...........
Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
he called...........
AND???????????????????????????????
Old 01-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by sherylb
Originally Posted by fivepaws
Not replying just wondering if anyone else needs to lose 100 lbs? Are there any of you in for the really long haul. I just turned 70 and started to gain when I was 30 (great depression over that b'day for some reason) anyway, it just kept coming on. Oh, I would lose 30-50 lbs and gain it back plus some more........I know!! How can I be so unhealthy and I am a nurse. I hate the E word with a passion so guess I will have to start walking. I am sure hoping you all can help me do this. I know, I have to do it myself just need that push. Lynne
So, Lynne, how's the walking going? I am interested in your progress!!
Well, I haven't started yet. My Dr. said to let my body get used to a new eating plan (like two weeks) and then start walking. Thanks so much for you interest. I weigh tomorrow and believe me no matter what, I will let everyone know!!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
he called...........
yes..........................

Are you still talking to him?

:D Sherryl
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Banned

Soooooooooo it was a 2 hour call. He didn't read the e-mail I sent, his computer has a virus and is at the geek squad. He made it perfectly clear he will never get married....ever. Not that we were talking marriage we were talking about all things. He said we should keep in contact. I said like I can call you. he said well if you call I won't hang up on you. I told him about Joyce and my voice kept cracking and I kept appoligizing and he kept saying it was OK. He wants to see the picture of me. The one that is posted someplace on dec thread. Joyce said I should color my hair, it was always blond and she will do my makeup (she is a make up artist)and she will take another picture. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO what do you think of the picture of me that is posted on the Dec thread. Do I look that much like a hag that Joyce wants to do a make over? Nothing could ever become of this. As I have said before he will never leave NY and I CAN'T leave Ohio with Joyce's doctor being here. Now this is funny, he goes fishing everyday during the summer. He retired so he has all the time in the world. We always went fishing he bought his first boat when we were together. I love fish but have become allergic. it can't be cook in the house I blow up and my throat closes. He eats fish a few days a week. Guess we are not meant to be a couple. It was nice talking to him. I wonder what he is going to think when he reads my e-mail? So that's the story. well a few seconds of such a long converstaion. Joyce said not to rush to send the picture. She was so funny when I got off the phone she said "YOU KIDS ARE CRAZY" she was like an old mother hen. It was cute. Hearing his voice made me want to jump through the phone and hug him........
Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 PM

I think you look fine the way you are! And if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be... you should see if you guys could at least visit!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 AM

Tru don't ever change the way you look for anyone else! Do what makes you happy. You are a strong beautiful woman. Don't make decisions now about the future, just take it one day at a time and see what develops. Anyway that's my two cents.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Do you think cooked lentils could be used like chick peas? If so you have so many great recipe ideas--whip up a veggie dip using lentils! I'm sure you could make it delicious and it would at least be a break when the soup doesn't sound good to you :-)

Note to Missy: Looked for your posting on the "My 3 Tortoises"thread. Lots of turtle pics and great comments!
HAHA! That is funny that you looked for that post!

Missy