Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lucymae
It's Jan 1 and I'm weighing in. My refux is bad today and I can't eat...Maybe there is some good in the bad!! haha

Anyone have suggestions for a diet for reflux??
Yes I do. My DS had gerds disease......apple cider vinegar......that is your answer. It has to be organic with what is called the mother. It is also great for weight loss. You will loss 1 lb per month even if you don't diet if you drink apple cider vinegar. Google it apple cider vinegar for reflux....It will work.......I kid you not. Your reflux will be better in no time.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by trupeach1
As I sit here I am having my last butter ladden lunch for 2010.............a big bowl of grits with so much butter it is swimming it it. yummmmmmmmm no cheese, no baccon I like it just plain cooked in milk...........grits. omg I have been in Ohio too long........PLEASE send me back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, Cbridges aka Cindy you read it right......GRITS. and weren't YOU suppose to give me some grit recipes???????

Yes and I will but I sure am not sure how they will fit in with weight lose?
They don't but I will eat them on my cheat day....Sunday.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by Maralyn
Might be interesting sometime if rather than "pounds" lost to do a contest with "percentage of weight" lost like the Biggest Loser. Makes it more fair for the person who has a smaller amount of weight to lose....just a thought.
This has been brought up every month since I started the challenge. It seems no one takes into consideration there are between 50-100 people each month. Do you realize the amount of time it would take to keep track of that? This is NOT a paying job. We have had it lbs lost for a year, it has worked, no one feels cheated. We are more in it for the support, encouragement and friendship, the FQ's are an added bonus. There has been winner who lost as little as 7 lb and others losing as much as 20. However if anyone would like to start a thread with % lost not lbs feel free to do so. I know there are the regulars who are happy with it this way. We have become family.
Ouch.....
Hope this is not a family only site, I have been on several threads over the years that the "family" looks over the newcommers......
We welcome newcomers with open arms. The more the merrier. And Missy always LOVES a new audiance.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I'm going to join this one. Does anyone keep track on who's in? Do I need to do anything else beside lose my butt!? ;)
Carrie will post the list for me in a few days. There is nothing more you have to do expect laugh at Missy's jokes. That is mandated or she will sit in a corner, play with turtles, she has this thing for them and she will cry.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:59 PM

Might be interesting sometime if rather than "pounds" lost to do a contest with "percentage of weight" lost like the Biggest Loser. Makes it more fair for the person who has a smaller amount of weight to lose....just a thought.
This has been brought up every month since I started the challenge. It seems no one takes into consideration there are between 50-100 people each month. Do you realize the amount of time it would take to keep track of that? This is NOT a paying job. We have had it lbs lost for a year, it has worked, no one feels cheated. We are more in it for the support, encouragement and friendship, the FQ's are an added bonus. There has been winner who lost as little as 7 lb and others losing as much as 20. However if anyone would like to start a thread with % lost not lbs feel free to do so. I know there are the regulars who are happy with it this way. We have become family.
Ouch.....
Hope this is not a family only site, I have been on several threads over the years that the "family" looks over the newcommers......
Family? I do not think we would qualify as that technically. I guess I am confused.

Missy
Old 01-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Ouch.....
We welcome newcomers with open arms. The more the merrier. And Missy always LOVES a new audiance.
True. So very true. LOL!

Missy
Old 01-01-2011, 04:02 PM

I'm going to join this one. Does anyone keep track on who's in? Do I need to do anything else beside lose my butt!? ;)
Carrie will post the list for me in a few days. There is nothing more you have to do expect laugh at Missy's jokes. That is mandated or she will sit in a corner, play with turtles, she has this thing for them and she will cry.
:thumbup: Ok thanks Tru...appreciate it.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Yeah yeah yeah. I just live my life and post it here. It is comical though. LOL!

I am about to dive into a yummy pizza. All veggies and very little crust. I have to make sure I am prepared for the diving part. So, here I go...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-151369.jpe  
Old 01-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Banned

To all the newbies it is a known fact Missy is under control because she is HEAVELY medicated. be on the look out for when her meds have to be adjusted......you will be in for the time of your life. ROFLAO!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

To all the newbies it is a known fact Missy is under control because she is HEAVELY medicated. be on the look out for when her meds have to be adjusted......you will be in for the time of your life. ROFLAO!!!!!!!
Also watch out for Tru's mood swings. They can be testy at times. LOL!!