Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Last night I cut up several oranges to refrigerate and have readily available when I want them. I have been doing so good with watching my food intake. I started to weigh this morning but decided to wait until Saturday morning since that will be 1 wk since I started. This morning for breakfast I had the last piece of baked fish. It was so good. I love baked fish and eat it often. For lunch I'm going to have a fruit plate of oranges, banana, cantalope and apple. yum..... Hope you all have a healthy day.
Oh Sandy that sounds soo good!! I love fruit!! I get about 10-12 servings a day. My veggie intake isnt as high but I still get 6 servings or so a day. Then I eat a piece of salmon with my lunch and then dinner is whatever we choose to make that day. Could be pasta or Mexican food or salad...it could be a myriad of things.

I cannot remember a day where I did not physically feel as good as I feel on the days I eat like I eat now.

Keep it up!! You are doing great!!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning. It's a new and I hope it goes well. Missy I worried about you last night please let me or us know how you are doing. Tru did you get that phone call???? Fingers crossed that you did. I'm guessing that a few of the new weight loss folks need to go back and read the rules. We do a lot and I mean a lot of chit chat here that has nothing to do weight loss at all. There are several of us that have been doing this for a while and we welcome everyone to join us but please if you don't like what someone said or a picture that was posted don't whine about it. I'd like to think we are all adult enough to be able to realize that we have control of only our own personal choices and try not to make everyone behave or believe as we do. Let's have fun here and if you are offended do the adult thing and move on. If you see something you don't like then don't look at it.
I am so glad you wrote this. I am really new here and am so excited to find a place to come and be able to share with people who are going through the same struggle I am with losing weight and to have a support group. (something I have never had). But I have to admit, last night I wasn't sure if this was going to be a happy, positive place to be or not. This may just be the OLD coming out in me, but I get really agrivated at how this country has fallen into the mind set that if anyone or anything doesn't please us, it is wrong and it is everyone elses job to change or fix it to make us happy. cjomomma everything you said summed it up so well.
Like I said I am really new here and it is not really any of my bussiness, but I just want to say Thank you to Missy and everyone for thier sense of humor and all of the great laughs they give us each day. Between Missy and Ditter I am sure to find something to smile about each day. We all have issues and struggles, most of us have more than anyone would ever guess. Different things affend different people for different reasons. If something is distasteful to you, overlook it or remove yourself from it. Don't expect the world to change to please you. (How do you know your opinion is right?)
To have a sense of humor and be able to make people laugh is a true gift. Missy, I hope you know what a blessing you are to all of us. Keep up the good work!
Carol I just wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. (((HUGS))) to you.

On a good note I am down 11/2 pounds even with all of the Christmas junk still in the house. One more dinner to go on Friday and then I'm cleaning out the junk! I have 4 teenagers coming so that should put a good dent in the cookies and candy! :thumbup:
Thank you so so much!! I am trying to keep that in my mind as I go through my day. I am so glad I found this thread all those months ago. You guys are awesome!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Momma_K
What's FAT SOX got to do with weight?!! Ha! kiddin of course!
it is FAT SIX :lol: :lol: :lol: whoaaaaaaa that sounds even more perverted. lol
Old 01-06-2011, 09:30 AM

[quote=cjomomma]
Originally Posted by NannySandy
Originally Posted by kwendt
Oh yeah... and I lost another lb! Whoo hoo! So that's well... THREE so far. I know, <sigh>, I'm not winning any gold medals here... but hey!

THREE!!

HURRAY FOR YOU!!!!! 3 LBS LOST IS 3 LBS GONE BYE-BYE. Keep up the good work. You go girl..... Sandy
To me 3lbs. is worth getting excited over. Good job.
It IS Carrie. I think any weight loss is worth getting excited over!!

I am down so far this month 5.5 pounds. I am able to go up and down the stairs. I told Tru this morning when she called that I had been going up and down the stairs and that I am lucky i did not get black eyes from my bouys!! LOL!! Oh well. I am going to get my dumb bells out and do some weight lifting.

I am really excited that I will be doing yoga starting next week in a class for people in wheel chairs or that cannot stand for long. I told them when they asked me what I disability was that I was super morbidly obese and cannot stand for long or get down on the floor (cause then I could not get back up) and that is when the teacher told me about his class. It is very inexpensive (only 25 dollars a month) and just down the street from me. I will let you guys know how it is going.

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
<giggle> too much!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Tru...could a FAT SIX be a fat guy trying to get a six-pack??? Here is a picture of someone very famous trying to do that very thing. (WARNING: Ugly guy alert that might possibly invoke immediate and lasting nausea)

HEHEHE!!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154922.jpe  
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Stop it!!!!! You're killing me Smalls!! LOL! :mrgreen:
Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 AM

WATCH OUT I AM WINNING THE SOLIDS........not cause I want them so much but who wants to have FAT S*X when I use to weigh 105 the first time around. LOL

Missy keep those nickels for yourself I won't be needing them my dear!
YOU HUSSEY! That nickel is important. You do not weigh enough to be having FAT S*X!! Sheesh girl. I am so gonna put a nickel on my body just for you. Hopefully nickel by proxy will work. LOL!!!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Missy, is he standing in front of the quilt you are currently working on? teee heeee just had to ask that...... Sandy
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Tru...could a FAT SIX be a fat guy trying to get a six-pack??? Here is a picture of someone very famous trying to do that very thing. (WARNING: Ugly guy alert that might possibly invoke immediate and lasting nausea)

HEHEHE!!

Missy
OH MY LORD!!! HOLD ME BACK!!! :mrgreen: :-P