Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

• Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-28-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Okay guys...time for some advice...

We have a Christmas Eve get together where we exchange gifts. The limit is $15.00. So I was thinking of making a table topper or a table runner using my stash. Do you think that is a good gift or should I go find something cutesy to give? The gift exchange is a Chinese gift exchange so I do not know who will end up with my gift.

What do you guys think?

Missy
    Make the table runner out of your stash. The lucky person who gets it will be very happy.
    Old 11-28-2010, 09:30 PM

What is a Chinese gift exchange?

Make the table runner. I would probably add a couple of inexpensive candles and candle holders, an apron and a couple of pot holders, but that is because I am a chronic overachiever and worry people will think I'm cheap. When I use my stash it takes me a long time to spend $15.00
    Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Hello everyone!

I have been busy sewing today. I also tried to put up Christmas decorations but little man was driving me crazzzzzzy! He would sit and watch movies until I decided to move away from my machine.

Hey Missy I had someone tell me yesterday that she and her friends would prefer to receive something home made instead of store bought. So I think you should make the table runner.
    Old 11-29-2010, 08:20 AM
    Banned

Good morning it is Monday I usually weigh in on Sunday but I figured why bother I was still going to eat what I wanted to yesterday. Not real crap like pie with whipped cream, that went home with Jim. I made a turkey potpie for dinner so I did have pie crust and WHOLE milk I love whole milk. I had a bologna and cheese sandwich on rye for lunch with potato chips. Later pumpernickle bread with butter and cream cheese. Hot cocoa I can't remember but since Wed I have been eating probably twice the amount of calories I have been. When I weighed myself this morning I only had gained 1 lb since last Sunday. I think that was pretty darn good.
    Old 11-29-2010, 10:03 AM

I did ok over Thanksgiving. Didn't gain but havn't lost anything in Nov. guess I'll be sending flannel to whoever !!! Will be visiting the quilt shop this noon to buy my fat quarter !
    Old 11-29-2010, 11:21 AM

I am not in the competition, but I lost 12 pounds this month. I think it is mostly water weight because I have been really swollen. I think I will start the lemon water and apple cider vinegar water today. Perhaps they will help keep the water at bay.
    Old 11-29-2010, 11:32 AM

Good Morning Everyone. Monday is a good day to pick ourselves up shake ourselves off and start all over again. What ever we ate what ever we did is in the past today is a new day with glorious opportunities.

I'm so glad to have all of you here to support and incourage me. I may not loose the most in a month but you keep encouraging me to keep going and that's working. Thankyou friends.
    Old 11-29-2010, 01:47 PM

Well, I'm still in VA visiting dd but we walked to the Metro (just under a 1/2 mile)...took the train into DC and walked to the Holocaust Museum (1/2 mile?)...walked all three levels (another felt like 3 miles...took stairs down from 3rd level)...walked to the Washington Monument (maybe 1/4 mile?)- went inside, walked around - down the stairs (17) walked 1/4 mile to the American History Museum walked around all levels another 1/2 mile...walked 1/2 mile back to Metro station.... dh hip not wanting to walk/function so dd ran to her house and got car and picked us up....body doesn't like walking slowly but dh can't walk fast because of hip problems. We couldn't bring the wheelchair because of car space ;( but next time, if he is having any problems at all, I will insist on either bringing the wheel chair or dd renting one for the times we are here. Overall, it's been a wonderful time... I have not weighed because(a. I don't think I've lost. b. I didn't find the scale till this morning after I was dressed. c. I've not lost any since October. d. Not going to worry about it till I get home on Dec. 1... I'll send Trupeach my results on Dec. 1 BUT!... dd gave me a sweater that my mom bought for her and she doesn't like it... it's a SMALL!!!!! yes and it fits beautifully!!!!... I know I'm in a medium on a lot of clothes, and I know that Haband make their clothes on the large side ... but still a small :D... I'll take it :D
    Old 11-29-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
    Well, I'm still in VA visiting dd but we walked to the Metro (just under a 1/2 mile)...took the train into DC and walked to the Holocaust Museum (1/2 mile?)...walked all three levels (another felt like 3 miles...took stairs down from 3rd level)...walked to the Washington Monument (maybe 1/4 mile?)- went inside, walked around - down the stairs (17) walked 1/4 mile to the American History Museum walked around all levels another 1/2 mile...walked 1/2 mile back to Metro station.... dh hip not wanting to walk/function so dd ran to her house and got car and picked us up....body doesn't like walking slowly but dh can't walk fast because of hip problems. We couldn't bring the wheelchair because of car space ;( but next time, if he is having any problems at all, I will insist on either bringing the wheel chair or dd renting one for the times we are here. Overall, it's been a wonderful time... I have not weighed because(a. I don't think I've lost. b. I didn't find the scale till this morning after I was dressed. c. I've not lost any since October. d. Not going to worry about it till I get home on Dec. 1... I'll send Trupeach my results on Dec. 1 BUT!... dd gave me a sweater that my mom bought for her and she doesn't like it... it's a SMALL!!!!! yes and it fits beautifully!!!!... I know I'm in a medium on a lot of clothes, and I know that Haband make their clothes on the large side ... but still a small :D... I'll take it :D
    Yay!! I am so glad you have been having such a good time. I think it is wonderful about the sweater! I am proud of you!

Missy
    Old 11-29-2010, 03:05 PM

Thank you Missy...
    Next goal... lose 5 lbs :D... that will put me down to 140ish... then after Christmas I'll focus on the next 5 lbs...if I don't gain back the lost 5 ... which is what happened during October.