Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-07-2010, 09:21 AM

But they are GOOD decisions!!!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Sooooooooooo I have a request. I don't know how to post pic. Maryjane has posted a few for me for the board. The way I did it was Joyce took the pic with her phone and e-mailed it to me I then e-mail it to Maryjane and she posted it. If I make my 2 fat blocks and Joyce takes a pic for me could I e-mail it to someone so that you can post it for me on this thread and on the fat quilt thread?
you can e-mail it to me. Carol
Old 11-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Tru my total loss is 31lbs. My cloths are 2 sizes to big! I was up to 4X. I wiegh 234.5 now, 4 more pounds and I will be where I was 18yrs. ago. YAY!! I wish I was at 185 like you!!!
Carrie you are doing great. and wishes do come true you will get to be 185 just keep plugging away. but I thought you said hubby said once you have fat you never go back do you want to be thin or just plump not fat?????????? I think it is great you are down 2 sizes I wear stretchie everything so I know some stuff is bigger but I don't know how many sizes I went down. The funniest was when my underpants here falling off. Since last Jan I lost 26 lb so I guees it will take me another year to lose the other 24. As long as we are all doing this together I guess I will continue. I really think if it wasn't for everyone on this thread I would have given up months ago.
Tru, I think you should be making 26 blocks since that is how much you have lost since the beginning of this year and starting this whole thread. Don't short change your efforts - you worked for it, you deserve it.

Keep up the good work and hope you have a great week with less noise,
Sherryl
Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Here is my new blocks. I know I said I wouldn't make blocks for the weight already loss but I changed my mind.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-120861.jpe   attachment-120862.jpe  
Old 11-07-2010, 12:31 PM

You are all doing good it sounds like. I had a really good month in Oct. as I was in a transition of sorts. We were coming South for the Winter and cooking and eating were not a priority. Were quite active and was losing good so once we got here I got really serious and lost 14#. I am still motivated and still walking every day but in the last 7 days I only lost 1#. I want to lose at least 7-8# this month if I can. I,too, need to lose about 45# to feel better health wise and have a better self-image!!! Good luck to you all.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
It is my opinion that the best way to loss weight is to exerise and eat right, and if you want to speed the process up just exercise more! The only reason I mentioned fasting is because I know of three people who have an "I'll kill myself if I am above this weight," weight. I highly recomemend and support water fasting when suicide is the alternative.
I actually agree with your statement about exercise and eat right. I still have too much inflammation in my joints (psoriatic arthritis) and tendons to do the strenuous exercises I used to do 15 years ago when I was in my mid 30s. I eat a clean menu on my "feast" days and just limit my intake to 500 calories on my "famine" or "fast" (call it a fat-fast) days. The only thing I'm losing is the weight.

The only reason I mentioned fasting is because I know of three people who have an "I'll kill myself if I am above this weight," weight. I highly recomemend and support water fasting when suicide is the alternative.
I understand this statement as well, but I have NEVER considered suicide as an option to losing weight. I did consider weight-loss surgery but the military would not approve lap-band surgery, only bariatric surgery, and I was NOT about to have pieces of my stomach removed in pursuit of weight loss.

Since starting this WOE (I JUST started the alternate fast day (that is the name given to the restricted calorie days, also known as "famine" days)) on August 5th, I have tons of energy. I do walk the dog daily with my daughter. I use 5 lb weights to work on toning my arms. I can handle squats using a 30 lb barbell about once a week. I will build up over time. Also I am going to try the 30 Day Shred. It might still be a bit too much but I will try.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by remclave
It is my opinion that the best way to loss weight is to exerise and eat right, and if you want to speed the process up just exercise more! The only reason I mentioned fasting is because I know of three people who have an "I'll kill myself if I am above this weight," weight. I highly recomemend and support water fasting when suicide is the alternative.
I actually agree with your statement about exercise and eat right. I still have too much inflammation in my joints (psoriatic arthritis) and tendons to do the strenuous exercises I used to do 15 years ago when I was in my mid 30s. I eat a clean menu on my "feast" days and just limit my intake to 500 calories on my "famine" or "fast" (call it a fat-fast) days. The only thing I'm losing is the weight.

The only reason I mentioned fasting is because I know of three people who have an "I'll kill myself if I am above this weight," weight. I highly recomemend and support water fasting when suicide is the alternative.
I understand this statement as well, but I have NEVER considered suicide as an option to losing weight. I did consider weight-loss surgery but the military would not approve lap-band surgery, only bariatric surgery, and I was NOT about to have pieces of my stomach removed in pursuit of weight loss.

Since starting this WOE (I JUST started the alternate fast day (that is the name given to the restricted calorie days, also known as "famine" days)) on August 5th, I have tons of energy. I do walk the dog daily with my daughter. I use 5 lb weights to work on toning my arms. I can handle squats using a 30 lb barbell about once a week. I will build up over time. Also I am going to try the 30 Day Shred. It might still be a bit too much but I will try.
Sounds like it is working great for you! Isn't it wonderful when a plan works.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:54 PM

Who was the October winner and what type of fabric do I need to send her? I was camping in Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains and no electricity so no computer to send in my weight loss. Didn't want to stand on the scale anyway!!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by PattyS
Who was the October winner and what type of fabric do I need to send her? I was camping in Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains and no electricity so no computer to send in my weight loss. Didn't want to stand on the scale anyway!!
Nannyh7 won, she lost 14 pounds! The theme was Christmas. Sounds like you had fun!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Here is my new blocks. I know I said I wouldn't make blocks for the weight already loss but I changed my mind.
I would your blocks!

I am glad everyone is doing well. I had a good week, I lost 3 pounds :) The exercise really helps me and I finally started doing more of it.

This week I only have to bring to kids to four doctors appointments, I just hate these appointments mostly because they are so far away and the kids have to miss school for all of them. One of the visits is for an MRI for my daughter. MRI's always scare me. I find it very hard to believe my teenager is wetting herself on purpose as they want me to believe.

Anyway I am ready to face the week. I plan to exercise (dance around, really) every day this week.