Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

• Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-21-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Well, the snow has started to fall. This means that I will be indoors for the next few days. Tonight I am making my final calculations on the quilt for the Navy couple I adopted. I need to make sure my calculations are accurate so that I can begin cutting. I love to piece though. Once I get started I can usually get the top done in a couple days.

I think I am going to use blue and a shiny white. Not sure though right now. Their bed is a queen so that helps to know how big I need to make it. I also need to make sure I have enough to make shams and pillowcases.

We'll see though.

I hope you all are keeping warm!!

Missy
    Old 11-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Well, the snow has started to fall. This means that I will be indoors for the next few days. Tonight I am making my final calculations on the quilt for the Navy couple I adopted. I need to make sure my calculations are accurate so that I can begin cutting. I love to piece though. Once I get started I can usually get the top done in a couple days.

I think I am going to use blue and a shiny white. Not sure though right now. Their bed is a queen so that helps to know how big I need to make it. I also need to make sure I have enough to make shams and pillowcases.

We'll see though.

I hope you all are keeping warm!!

Missy
    Ignore the previous post. I am just dorking around and hit send. OOPS!!

Missy
    Old 11-21-2010, 09:28 PM

I'll see if I can spare some :D....
    Old 11-21-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
    I'll see if I can spare some :D....
    Spare some what Leota? I am confused... (not a new situation for me, ya know!)

Missy
    Old 11-21-2010, 10:19 PM

My parents just got home! Whew!!! They said the streets were horrible and getting worse by the hour...oh man...I hope I am able to get my meds in the morning!

Missy
    Old 11-22-2010, 06:17 AM
    Banned

Missy I am on my way............SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE snow, always have.

Thanksgiving is in 3 days and I have switched my menu from most years. It is only me and the 2 kids, are they kids at 25 and 28? Anyway they don't like sweet potatoes I do, and I like them anyway the are cooked. Fried, whipped, candied, baked. For Thanksgiving I always make candied, butter, brown sugar, and marshmellows on top. Not this year if they are baked I eat them plain without butter. So it will be baked sweet potato for me. I am baking a 10" pumpkin pie. I ususally make pumpkin, pear, blueberry and apple. Do 3 people really need 4 pies? Just so you know I cook a lot of food but the kids are not over weight by any means if anything they are under weight. I asked J & J what they wanted they both said pumpkin so pumpkin it is. However I am also making baked apples I will not have any pie. The apples will have raisins and cinnamon in the center with a drizzle of REAL maple syrup not pancake syrup, no sugar or butter. I always make a dill dip with bread and veggies, the dip will NOT have sour cream and reg mayo. And I will not have the bread only veggies. This year it is yogurt and light mayo. I don't like light mayo I would rather have nothing on a sandwich then that however it is in a dip with all spices and you can not tell the difference. I am cutting back on what I am making the less food the less tempting for me to eat it. Except for some turkey all the left overs are going home with Jim. Joyce won't eat left overs EVER. So it is 1 day and I will use it as my cheat day and I feel good about that. The most fattening thing I will have that day is whipped potatoes, (1/2 cup is a serving size) with whole milk and butter then topped with gravy. Oh and for my stuffing I will use a tablespoon or 2 of butter not an entire stick of butter. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving if I didn't have stuffing. I don't think that will be too bad.

Are you doing anything to have a nice dinner but not be tempted with all the extras? Are you changing a recipe to lighten it up?
    Old 11-22-2010, 06:36 AM

You have such a great plan Tru! I am proud of you for thinking this out completely.

We are not cooking this year which will help a lot. We are going to my sister's house and she is doing all the work. For me, when I don't have to cook I end up eating less than if I am doing the cooking.

I am making a couple of the Hungry Girl's desserts so that I can indulge in dessert without the guilt.

Speaking of snow...we have 5" on the ground and should get another 5" by the end of the day. It is sooo cold right now. It is only 7 degrees with a wind chill factor of -8 degrees. BRRRRR!!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!!

Missy
    Old 11-22-2010, 07:34 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

It does sound like you have a great plan Tru. I'm not cooking so I'm not worrying about it. Hey Missy you can send that snow to Western Ky. I can't wait for it to snow here!!! We are in our crazy weather period right now, where the temps drop but when moisture is headed our way the temps rise. Suppose to be in the 70's today then into the 50's by Thanksgiving with rain on and off. Going back to my sewing machine, I'm trying to make some simple toppers for a friend for Christmas.
    Old 11-22-2010, 08:03 AM

Good morning everyone. I'm so glad thanksgiving is behind me. I'll be thinking of you all and praying you are able to keep to your plans.
    Did anyone try my pumpkin pie oats? That's what I am having for breakfast under 200 cal. of yummy goodness.
    Old 11-22-2010, 08:40 AM

I just got home from getting my Monday meds and it is freaking cold outside!! It is only 7 degrees!!! We have 5+ inches of snow on the ground and more falling. So glad the house is toasty warm!

After I fold my laundry and put it away it will be fabric cutting time!!!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-131779.jpe