Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

• Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-24-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I missed a lot.......happy b-day lauriejo.

I am still alive. I spoke to Leota she said go to the ER my answer was no. The pains aren't as bad, Joyce got mad yesterday because I kept holding my chest when I walked and said go to the DR. I wonder why I was holding my chest it is not like it was helping. Jim will be home later today. I don't think all the cooking I wanted to do is getting done. I am so very tired.

I will check back later.
    Hang in there girl! If the pains get worse you really should see the doctor. I know it sounds like a broken record, but it is true.

Missy
    Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 AM

Tru, go to the doctor. I hate hospitals except for in and out orthopedic surgery. The doctor is doable.

Missy, the stockings are great. I have some denim jeans that are semi shedded. The kids would like those. I'll have to line those parts so the gifts don't fall out.

Went out to dinner with a daughter last night and my weight is holding. I'll gladly buy a piece of flannel for all the support on this site. I don't need to win, just to lose weight. I wish the winner could tell us what kind of flannel - plaid, cute, baby or pretty. There are so many choices. Missy voted for cute.
    Old 11-24-2010, 09:58 AM

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
    'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.
    I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY,
    WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.
    BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
    HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,
    MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
    MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.
    MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.
    MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
    MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :D
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-133346.gif  
    Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 AM

I am still alive. I spoke to Leota she said go to the ER my answer was no. The pains aren't as bad, Joyce got mad yesterday because I kept holding my chest when I walked and said go to the DR. I wonder why I was holding my chest it is not like it was helping. Jim will be home later today. I don't think all the cooking I wanted to do is getting done. I am so very tired.

I will check back later.
    Tru:
    We do not know each other except throught this board, but I feel like we are friends all the same. We do not decide when we get to leave this earth it is in the hands of God and his almighty wishes. What we can do is try and live the best life possible we can and help ourselves. God gave us doctors to help us take care of ourselves. God also gave us the ability to care for the body we have been given and I believe that he is watching how well we are taking care of the temple he has provided us with. Get up get to doctor and get the help you need. Life is like working on the wrong side of a quilt, you don't know the beauty of it until it is turned over at the end and then we can appreciated it.
    Make this a truly wonderful thanksgiving for yourself and your children by taking care of yourself.
    lisa
    Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Tru, go to the doctor. I hate hospitals except for in and out orthopedic surgery. The doctor is doable.

Missy, the stockings are great. I have some denim jeans that are semi shedded. The kids would like those. I'll have to line those parts so the gifts don't fall out.

Went out to dinner with a daughter last night and my weight is holding. I'll gladly buy a piece of flannel for all the support on this site. I don't need to win, just to lose weight. I wish the winner could tell us what kind of flannel - plaid, cute, baby or pretty. There are so many choices. Missy voted for cute.
    Yup I sure did! I think that some homespun plaid would be darling as a lining for the denim stockings. I am wondering if red felt would make a sweet looking heel and toe patch on the stocking. I would use a blanket stitch to secure the patches What do you guys think about that?

I think it would be so adorable if everyone who makes a denim stocking would post a picture of their stocking. This could be so very fun!

Missy
    Old 11-24-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by bronald
    Well I weighted today and I have lost 10lbs. so far this month. I am doing the happy dance.Please join me and burn some calories dancing. Yayyy
    Way to go girl! 10 lbs before Thanksgiving.... keep it up!!!!
    You can have a sampling (1 oz or less) of the yummy stuff... eat lots of salad and drink water :D
    Old 11-24-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317

I will check back later.
    Tru:
    We do not know each other except throught this board, but I feel like we are friends all the same. We do not decide when we get to leave this earth it is in the hands of God and his almighty wishes. What we can do is try and live the best life possible we can and help ourselves. God gave us doctors to help us take care of ourselves. God also gave us the ability to care for the body we have been given and I believe that he is watching how well we are taking care of the temple he has provided us with. Get up get to doctor and get the help you need. Life is like working on the wrong side of a quilt, you don't know the beauty of it until it is turned over at the end and then we can appreciated it.
    Make this a truly wonderful thanksgiving for yourself and your children by taking care of yourself.
    lisa
    Trupeach... give your friends the gift of your life with us... we want to know that you are ok... please....
    Old 11-24-2010, 10:51 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Bonnie that is wonderful!!! I'm soooo happy for you.
    Old 11-24-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
    Originally Posted by bronald
    Well I weighted today and I have lost 10lbs. so far this month. I am doing the happy dance.Please join me and burn some calories dancing. Yayyy
    Way to go girl! 10 lbs before Thanksgiving.... keep it up!!!!
    You can have a sampling (1 oz or less) of the yummy stuff... eat lots of salad and drink water :D
    Thanks Leota. I have the jump on you guys being Canadian I already have Thanksgiving behind me.
    Old 11-24-2010, 03:17 PM

For all of my Vitalicious loving pals:

Vitalicious is having a Black Friday sale...if you love those VitaTops as much as I do then go check it out!

http://www.vitalicious.com/holidaypr...ource=EM112410

Enjoy!!! Oh, by the way, my new favorite is Banana Nut. YUMM-O!!

Missy