Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-04-2010, 05:20 PM
    Banned

I have done really good all week, no cheating at all, not once.

Sunday is usually my cheat day, you should have a cheat day otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and you store fat. I think the only thing I will eat as a cheat tomorrow is pancakes for breakfast with REAL maple syrup. It isn't a total cheat they are Brown Family Farm pancake mix. They are the best, all natural and made with wheat flour, corn flour and rye flour. I will put a chopped apple in the batter to give it sweetness and not use as much syrup. Also 1/4 dry mix is 150 calories and you can make 4 3" pancakes with the added apple it will make 5 pancakes. I LOVE SUNDAY cheat day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    bronald, I havn't tried putting in my own recipes. I'll try it. Do I go to recipes?
    You go to my recipes and then in' Your kitchen' Start now.
    You enter your recipe you can share it or keep it private. I share all mine so my husband and mother can get them. Useing this you can use your own recipes and still get all the values. I love it.
    Old 09-04-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26
    I had a friend over today and she has helped me clean the floors and carpet in my living room, dinning room, kitchen and short hall today. My sweet little doggie got in the trash and trashed the whole house while I was gone yesterday. Also here to help me set up my sewing area in the back part of the living room and also use it for my computer area. The only problem I see now, is I need to move the two recliners forward and to the right a little to move the table between them out of the view on the TV. It hits right in the middle of the screen. Will also need to move the couch down a little and take my quilting frame down. I don't like to use the frame because I have trouble seeing what I am doing. When I hand quilt, very seldom, I use a large hoop and sit under a strong light. Okay, I am very thrilled with how my sewing area looks and now I feel I can get the rest of the house cleaned up and get caught up on all my projects.

Meal plan is going well and I use www.fitday.com to keep my records. I have the home version so do not have to get on line to record my meals and calories and other nutrients, weight and activities.

Have to take friend home.
    That is great that you have got your living room all set up! I love it when my sewing area is organized. Tomorrow I am going to take all of my stash (and it is a ton of fabric) and fold it onto the plastic mini-bolts I bought. I cannot wait to have all my fabric on those bolts. Then I will be able to see exactly what I have and all that.

Oh two more of my quilts are going to be in a show on the 12th. These are going to Haiti after the show closes for those still dealing with the earthquake stuff.

I hope once I get all my stash organized then I can start working on Christmas projects.

Missy
    Old 09-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I have done really good all week, no cheating at all, not once.

Sunday is usually my cheat day, you should have a cheat day otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and you store fat. I think the only thing I will eat as a cheat tomorrow is pancakes for breakfast with REAL maple syrup. It isn't a total cheat they are Brown Family Farm pancake mix. They are the best, all natural and made with wheat flour, corn flour and rye flour. I will put a chopped apple in the batter to give it sweetness and not use as much syrup. Also 1/4 dry mix is 150 calories and you can make 4 3" pancakes with the added apple it will make 5 pancakes. I LOVE SUNDAY cheat day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YUMM-O!! Pancakes are my favorite!!!

Missy
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:16 PM

Congratulations, Missy on having your quilts in shows! That is such a plus for you and speaks volumes about your talents!
    I think your mom is going to be super proud of you when she and your step-dad get home. I hope your sister and your nephew are both doing OK.
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Philarena
    Congratulations, Missy on having your quilts in shows! That is such a plus for you and speaks volumes about your talents!
    I think your mom is going to be super proud of you when she and your step-dad get home. I hope your sister and your nephew are both doing OK.
    Thank you so much!!! I feel kinda self-conscious about my quilts. My mom says they are great and I just feel like maybe everyone can see all my faults and stuff. *sigh* I think it is just inside my head.

Here is the table runner I am working on for my mom for Christmas.

Be brutal here people! Tell me what you really think about it. I want to know so I can change it if possible before I give it to her. 'kay?

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-111411.jpe  
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:47 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Hi all, I had a much better day today. No cravings. I generally don't get them but yesterday was horrible. I haven't worked out on 2 days and I feel terrible for not having time for it. This holiday weekend is just so busy. Oh well I will get things back in gear on Monday.
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:49 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Thank you so much!!! I feel kinda self-conscious about my quilts. My mom says they are great and I just feel like maybe everyone can see all my faults and stuff. *sigh* I think it is just inside my head.

Be brutal here people! Tell me what you really think about it. I want to know so I can change it if possible before I give it to her. 'kay?

Missy
    Brutal is not needed here. It is very lovely. Your Mom is going to love it.
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 PM

Wow Missy! Can I be your Mom for awhile? Just until you make me a table runner exacty like that. It is beautiful!
    Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
    Brutal is not needed here. It is very lovely. Your Mom is going to love it.
    Thank you so much. I really want to give her something that reflects my love for her.

Missy