Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-18-2011, 05:45 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I had to do a search for this thread because I had not received any noticed since early this morning. MJ if you keep moving with the cleaning the weight will come off. You are coming out of your depression and it's hard to lose when your depressed. Just keep moving forward.
    Old 03-18-2011, 05:48 PM

MJ. I'm glad you had a good day. In case, I wouldn't call it weight yet. You've done this before with water retention. Hang in there.

I'm baking for the wedding tomorrow and using this as a resting spot. I'm not used to being on my feet too much. I'm baking a little wedding cake for my SIL. He has Celiac Disease, too. It seems to me that the father of the groom should be able to have a piece of cake. Too bad I don't care for cake. I'm making the layered dessert with cream cheese and pudding for me. The one with the questionable name, the original was chocolate and this wil be butterscotch with a layer of candied walnuts.

The wedding should be interesting. The bride is Asian and I know some her culture is being included. The maid of honor is from Venezuela, two groomsmen from Peru, etc.

Down two pounds today. Woohoo!
    Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 PM
    Power Poster

Two pounds! That's great Irishrose.
    Old 03-18-2011, 06:58 PM

My neighbor called and wanted to know if I still wanted to have a garage sale tomorrow. Why not! I have been donating my old clothes to charity, some of them were very expensive. I bought them when I was an administrator. I have a few good pieces left, so maybe I can make a little money to pay for what I have to replace. I have bought 3 wardrobes and had one set of clothes altered this year. It's been expensive, especially as I had a 20% pay cut.

MJ - 8 pounds, it has to be water.

Irishrose, 2 pounds is great.
    Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    My neighbor called and wanted to know if I still wanted to have a garage sale tomorrow. Why not! I have been donating my old clothes to charity, some of them were very expensive. I bought them when I was an administrator. I have a few good pieces left, so maybe I can make a little money to pay for what I have to replace. I have bought 3 wardrobes and had one set of clothes altered this year. It's been expensive, especially as I had a 20% pay cut.

MJ - 8 pounds, it has to be water.

Irishrose, 2 pounds is great.

TOMORROW!?!>!>!?? are u serious???? talk about last minute! wow.. I couldn't handle that kind of stress!

goodluck!
    Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM
    Banned

It is 1:30 and had to tell someone what just happened. The guy from the dating site and i have been talking for 2 months. he would call and talk for hours We never met he works 12 hour shifts and weekends have been busy for him. I was actually postponing meeting him. If you remember he was going to bring me a b-day cake 2 weeks ago. The last few days he will call when he is working, he drives a truck and we talk for about 10-15 minutes. We talk about messages from other people on the dating site who have contacted us. A few days ago I told him about this man that sent me a message everyday and that when I told him I didn't kiss on the first date he stopped messaging me. Now my friend said "well you wanted to get rid of him anyway" Now I never said I did but I thought let him think I didn't want to talk to anyone but him Today I sent up another account and sent him a message under that name. Now I thought for sure he would have sent a message he wasn't interested in the other me because he is SO interested in the trupeach. I was at the site and he messages the second person the fake person back. It was almost exactly the same first message he sent me. Now do I as trupeach continute to talk to him or not. If anyone would want to pretent they are the fake person and call him to see what he says to them let me know. The way you do it is you block your # so he doesn't know where the call is coming from. That is what I did at the beginning. SSOOOOOOOO if anyone has the balls to do this I would be indeted to you. I can't have someone with a NY accent he LOVES mine and that might give me away. I am sure a friend would have no problem but she sounds like me. I am really hurt. Is there anyone will to call this guy say you are the fake person and see if he says the same things to you that he said to me when I first started talking to him?
    Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 PM

Drop him, he's a liar. You can't trust him. No need to find out anything more.
    Old 03-19-2011, 03:50 AM
    Power Poster

Tru I don't know what to say. I really don't.
    Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 AM

Good Morning Ladies: Just a little update here. I have not quit dieting at all. I am still doing the Leslie Sansone exercises twice a day and I walk with Miss Bess one mile in the afternoon (depending on the weather and ice - have been doing that for about a week now). So since February 6, I have walked 184.731 miles and have gone from a size 18-20 to a 12-14. I feel like a million bucks. My heart has calmed down tremendously because I am not carrying so much weight anymore and I weighed myself this morning and lost another three pounds and so since the first of January I have lost 28 pounds and it is great. I am just telling you all, don't give up. Sure, I had a piece of pizza or two or three, but then I watch for the rest of the day. Yesterday I didn't have time for breakfast, so I had a tuna fish sandwich and mac and cheese for dinner. (My mother always said I would make a good Catholic because I love fish and mac and cheese). So, it is working. Hang in there. Don't get discouraged. I don't get discouraged. But you know, if it wasn't for Leslie Sansone and/or friends and family who can see the difference in me, I don't know. I probably would still lose weight. I am at that age now where it is harder to lose because I am older and the metabolism changes and every other excuse a body can think of. But I have every intention of, when this snow is gone, taking my bike out of hibernation and biking down to the Mississippi River and back home again and just smell the spring!

For what it is worth, our son and daughter in law and grandchildren are enjoying the beginning of spring on their little ten acre farm. They had (as of yesterday morning) four little baby goats, with probably ten more due at any moment!!!!!!! At the rate I am going I will go out in the field and romp and frolic with those little buggers.

Enjoy the day! Edie
    Old 03-19-2011, 05:50 AM
    Banned

I messaged him late last night after my last post. I did it under the other name. I asked when was the best time to talk to him. I also asked if he was interested in anyone. he wrote a LONG message back all about the liras and cheaters and the dating site and to be careful blah blah blah and that NO he wasn't interested in anyone but if he would become interested in anyone he would like her know. He said he didn't want to just message he wanted to talk to them and meet them for coffee. He hasn't met me yet he is making plans to meet them. OH WELL I will be sad but I will get over it. Missy was with Mike for 2 months I have been talking to him for 2 months I guess that is the time limit with guys you meet on line. But I am still sad, and hurt. And once again in my life I am disappointed by yet another guy.