Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge...........with a prize >

weight loss challenge...........with a prize

weight loss challenge...........with a prize

Old 05-04-2010, 09:05 AM

So I actually did my 30min workout today (I've got EA Sports Active for my Wii - it's like an interactive workout video) and burned 119 calories. I'm going to try to take my dog for a 2 mile walk this afternoon if it doesn't rain. I've gotta stick to it this time!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Banned

considering there are 22 people this thread isn't getting much action. Are you all out exercising or eating a chocolate cake................hummmmmmmmmmm I wonder. I have been doing really good this week except I have 1 problem I am adicted to wintergreen lifesaves. There are something like 60 caloried for 4, I eat about 25 per day. I have to stop doing it but I believe t has something to do with the wintergreen as I have heard of other people not being able to stop eating it too.

Dinner tonight...........stuffed peppers!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-04-2010, 01:35 PM

I am having fancy burgers tonight... that's where you take basic hamburger meat add, diced onions, diced tomatoes, green peppers, and chopped mushrooms a touch of garlic and pepper... squish together pat into patties, cook , eat :D oh and you can have any veggie side of your choosing :D... yummy for a change in low budget cooking. :D
Old 05-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

I'm dropping weight faster then I expected. I have cut my food intake. I haven't increased my exercise that much. I don't like exercising. I eat lots of raw or steamed vegetables all during the day. For breakfast I have a can of weight loss shake for the vitamins and 1/2 cup cooked steel cut oats. I eat the veggies throughout the day until dinner. I snack on fruit while I'm cooking the meal. DH eats what I eat which is usually a baked potato, yam, whole wheat pasta or brown rice, baked or broiled meat/fish, and more vegetables/salad. I eat yogurt, fresh berries, or raisins for an after dinner snack. DH likes popcorn or crackers and cheese. I started drinking Almond milk and I really like it. It's in most grocery stores milk aisle now.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Last month I lost 10 1/2 and for the first week of May I lost 1 1/2 will continue with my walking and going this week to buy a exercise tape for my wii when it's raining outside.I have cut out junk food and snacks are fresh fruit or yogurt.The little guy I watch is getting his share of fresh air and our walks are becoming longer.It also helps him nap better,lol.Wish everyone lots of luck for May,
Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Leota
I am having fancy burgers tonight... that's where you take basic hamburger meat add, diced onions, diced tomatoes, green peppers, and chopped mushrooms a touch of garlic and pepper... squish together pat into patties, cook , eat :D oh and you can have any veggie side of your choosing :D... yummy for a change in low budget cooking. :D
Yummo..............I make them that way with ground turkey. I don't like ground turkey but it has less calories then beef and if you stuff it it doesn't taste that bad. Not as good as beef but I will eat it.
Now what should I make for dinner tonight I have to take something out of the freezer to thaw............. :lol: :lol:

Weigh in tomorrow...........I think I feel thiner already :shock: :shock:
Old 05-05-2010, 06:56 AM

ok, Today is my birthday :D
DH made me an ice cream pie (two) and then we are going to dd this evening to bake cakes .. I don't expect to lose any weight this week. Will continue to walk :D maybe I can keep the calories at bay :0
Old 05-05-2010, 08:42 AM

Happy Birthday, Leota! I am doing much better this month. I went back to doing low carbs, hoping it will get me out of this plateau I've been on. So far, it's working. Onward and upward! Good luck everyone!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Banned

Happy Birthday LEOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little over a week ago I craved chocolate cake so I said the heck with the diet and made one. Little did I know I would eat the entire cake in 2 days. But I am back on track now.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:46 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes.
Here are pictures of my ice cream pie

the pie without the whipped cream and caramel and chocolate syrupy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46007[/ATTACH]

my slice with whipped cream and caramel and chocolate Ready to eat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46008[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-46007.jpe   attachment-46008.jpe