Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wet kitty

Today when my DH was brushing his teeth, my cat decided she needed a drink.

This is so funny because she has NEVER EVER done this before! The water is running on top of her head but she didn't seem to care. :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    LMBO I can't believe she didn't bonk her head when she realized she was getting wet :shock:

She sure looks determined! Cats can be so independent!

Blog Entries
    So cute!! What a pretty cat! She obviously was thirsty!!

We lost our cat Alley a couple of months ago. When she was little she used to like to walk the edge of the tub while it was filling. She slipped and fell into the water and she shot out of there and went flying through the house until she got to the back porch and she hid for the longest time!! LOL But she still retained that fascination for water. When the tub or shower was empty after being used she would go in and lick up the water.

lol, so cute

Blog Entries
    Your kitty picture is darling!! :D
    Now, you'll have to see if she
    does it again!! Maybe she likes
    the water on her head.
    :D :D :D :D

Awww...how cute! Our cats occasionally try to drink from the bathroom sink or tub, but I can't imagine them doing it with water running on their heads. I wonder if your kitty will make this a habit now? :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have one that will do that. He jumps in the tub as soon as I get out and demands that the water be left running just a little bit. His head and face will be SOAKING wet, but he'll play for about 10 minutes. Then he wants to sit on my lap and be petted. He HATES having his face dried, just like a kid! LOL

Banned
    Too funny. My cat gets in the bathtub and rolls around after we get out from a bath or shower. Goofy kids.

Blog Entries
    Thats funny! I have one that actually "trained" us to turn the water on in the bathroom sink exactly like that. He would drink his fill (with the water running on his head of course), then come find us to let us know he was done. It got to be the only place he would drink! I finally made him drink from his bowl (since we weren't always home) and made DH stop turning the water on... And we called him a "dumb" cat... :roll:

That is one silly kitty

I think they like fresh water...I have one cat who comes in the bathroom everytime he sees me go in...he has his own cup ..i fill it and leave it in the sink...hes happy :D

That is so funny. I used to have a cat that slept in the sink.

We have a cat that does the same thing. In the morning after my husband gets ready - he leaves the water running while the cat drinks and his head always gets in the way! We have another that likes to sleep in the sink . . .crazy cats!

Blog Entries
    We leave the water dribbling in qubby's sink for the kitty...she won't drink anywhere else!

Careful. You could end up with a cat who will only drink from the sink or tub. :0) At my old place, the cats turned on the faucets themselves. Never turned them off though.

my kitties have tried that, and usually end up scampering out of the bathroom really quick, on the other hand I though for sure that I was about to end up with company in the tub when the lab was taking notice of the bubbles

The pictures are adorable. The hair on her head looks longer than the hair on her body. Was she shaved?

Our geriatric tortie Sarah Evil-Puss will only ever drink from taps or the shower recess...she doesn't get wet, just manoevers around and pokes her tongue out....When she was little she would sit on the edge of the bath when the boys were in there and bat at the bubbles and the bath toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Minda
    The pictures are adorable. The hair on her head looks longer than the hair on her body. Was she shaved?
    Yes, I just had her groomed and shaved because I am alergic to fur :( but she loves it!

Our cat won't go near a large body of water or running water but he likes to play in his water bowl.

Awww, how cute is that!!! (We had to keep the toilet lids down -- Emile always wanted to drink from those -- even when he had fresh water.... :D )

My rescue cat, Nemo (orange and loves water) will ONLY drink out of a faucet or 1 particular toilet. I even bought him one of those uppity running water thingys and he would have nothing to do with it. Sleeps in the sink, too.

Blog Entries
    We leave the water dribbling in qubby's sink for the kitty...she won't drink anywhere else!
    My daughter had a cat like that. Wouldn't drink from a bowl except the fish bowl. It was so funny. You'd have thought she was after the fish but just liked to drink the water. They tried everything to keep her out of it but finally gave up. After the fish died they had to leave the faucet running for her.

I will try again to show my Nemo's version of Singing in the Shower.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast