Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What all do we collect(other than fabric?) >

What all do we collect(other than fabric?)

What all do we collect(other than fabric?)

Old 02-13-2011, 03:00 PM

Collections, where do I start...bookmarks, elephants ( quit adding to collection, but still have them, pencils,favorite books, little tin boxes, pitchers, wise sayings and cute quotes. I think that about does it!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 PM

I collect coffee mugs, snowmen and frogs!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Midwestmary
old magazines, snowmen, and the ever present dust that never goes away ..
They can put a man on the moon, but yet they can't figure out how to get rid of the dust in our homes or make an everending filled bobbin. Go figure!!!
Wouldn't you think by now there would be a system to suck it out of your house? I get so frustrated because you cannot really ever get rid of it. Sometimes I vaccum it off things and actually try to vaccum it out of the air when the sun shines so you can see it. Craziness!
I agree with you, I live on a dirt road and the dust just flies. You can dust every day and still can't get rid of it If only I could open the door and it would fly out, than I wouldn't have this collection.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by new user
Originally Posted by mommafank
Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Midwestmary
old magazines, snowmen, and the ever present dust that never goes away ..
They can put a man on the moon, but yet they can't figure out how to get rid of the dust in our homes or make an everending filled bobbin. Go figure!!!
Wouldn't you think by now there would be a system to suck it out of your house? I get so frustrated because you cannot really ever get rid of it. Sometimes I vaccum it off things and actually try to vaccum it out of the air when the sun shines so you can see it. Craziness!
I agree with you, I live on a dirt road and the dust just flies. You can dust every day and still can't get rid of it If only I could open the door and it would fly out, than I wouldn't have this collection.
O' I don't collect any thing , have to dust it.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsally
Books, books, and more books including craft books, piano/organ books, fiction, Bible commentaries, and nonfiction books. I am always reading something.
sigh! you are right...BOOKS!!! i have been 'accumulating' books all my life...craft, knitting, quilting in fact all needlework, cooking poetry classics political person bios...but never thought of them as being collections...so...i will add them to my list of 'collections' ...
Old 02-13-2011, 04:15 PM

I have collected angel for several years.....they're all over my house. I also collect books, but only because I spend so much time out here that I can't finish them! :oops:
Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 PM

My first Christmas with my in-laws, I got the skimpiest sundress you have ever seen--sooooo NOT me. So, I needed a "hobby" and started asking for teapots. 22 years later, I still collect them. My favorite is a tea set my brother brought me back from Japan that he used when he lived there--it has 5 cups to match.... :thumbup:
Old 02-13-2011, 04:24 PM

I collect Kaleidoscopes and snow globes. I love the magic of both!

Like someone else said, I also collect fabric, which I never meant to do! Famous last words!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:28 PM

Would be nice if those of us with cameras could post some pics of parts of their collections...just so we could 'see'. :-) I am trying to downsize. Used to collect dolls but now only have one cabinet full of them. Need to get rid of many of them, too in next few years. Also, collected tins of all kinds. Still have a lot that need to go. It is really nice to see that so many of us collect dust. I agree that there should be some way to gt rid of it. Whoever can figure that out will be rich. I will take some pics in next few days and post just so you won't say...put your pictures where your mouth is. This was a fun post to read.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:33 PM

Tea Pots, Tea cups, and hard back novels of LaVyrle Spencer and Janelle Taylor.