Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What day is it?

What day is it?

According to the calendar it is April 29 and guess what it is doing outside? It's snowing!! It did stick on the ground for a short period but has now melted. It is suppose to rain around here all week. UGH.

Pat in MN

Hey in Scotland there was a big yellow thing in the sky, I womdered what it was, wow it was the sun and it was about 68 not unusual for it to be cold wet windy or even snowing at this time of year, a funny old world.

Blog Entries
    I think that I should have started building my ark a long time ago. We have been getting close to 3 inches of rain every day. YUCK-but it's better than snow!

Isn't it amazing how we are never happy? If it rains, we want the sun to shine. If it is a hot summer day, we just can't wait for winter. I do have to agree, though, that sometimes there are extremes in the weather. It poured rain last night and many of the streams around overflowed their banks. And that is a minor thing compared with the Midwest where people have lost lives and their homes from tornadoes.

I'm not complaining about the rain, though, when I think of people in CA and the Southwest who are so parched that the lakes are dry and the ground has huge cracks in it. Seeing that makes me thankful for the beautiful greenery and flowers we have here in western NC.
    Last edited by M.Elizabeth; 04-29-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling error

it's sad to see how the weather is devastating across the country too much in one place not enough in another mud slides and families losing homes everything they own..my mom(rip) always said it's because they keep shooting rockets up in the sky affecting the weather

Yep!!! Watched it snow off and on all day! My sister lives south of the Cities, and she was just getting rain! We're north of the Cities, and luckily it's not sticking, but we are seriously considering the Ark idea!! Been watching the Web cams for "up north" and if this continues may have to rethink fishing opener!!

Quote Originally Posted by decky View Post
    According to the calendar it is April 29 and guess what it is doing outside? It's snowing!! It did stick on the ground for a short period but has now melted. It is suppose to rain around here all week. UGH.

Pat in MN
    Sounds like a perfect sewing day!

Blog Entries
    My flowers for planting came yesterday. Forecast is rain all week. Hope they keep or I will be out in the garden with an umbrella.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Yes, we do complain about the weather -- hugs and prayers for those in the devastated areas -- except for a few cool mornings this week, we are getting ready for summer -- azaleas have bloomed and the temps were up to the low 90s and it's time to start watering as April showers didn't come our way, but everything is beautiful and green and colorful
    diane

Last year it snowed in May here in Iowa. This week its rain but the temps got down into the 30's last night and I have all my flower pots already outside. They seemed to have made it thru the night but it might take a couple days before I see the real damage to them. Even have onions coming up in the raised beds already. Placed peas last Saturday as I knew it would rain.

Thank goodness I've figured out why I kept getting water in the basement. Seems I moved the downspout a little too close to the house. Since then I've moved it and no more water in the basement.........YEAH!!!!
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Long time ago when I lived in Indiana we had snow on July 4. It was 78 the day before and about same day after. Freaky!. Mother Nature just gets in those moods and sometimes you still can't prepare.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday the temperature here reached 80. Today should be 84. (This is considered HOT here) We have natures air conditioning here. We wait a couple of days and then the fog rolls in and cools us down nicely. Our cool down with be here by the weekend. I love the weather we have here sitting by the San Francisco Bay.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, too, and after rain last week we are looking at the high 80's. We never know what to expect!
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Blog Entries
    We just have to adapt and be inventive. My tool belt no longer has tools in it. The hammer loop now hangs an umbrella - the nail pouch now holds sunscreen-gloves and a scarf -my hoody can be slipped through the belt when I'm not wearing it. I have worn out one sweat shirt just from putting it on and taking it off a zillion times a day. And I really do try to remember that all forms of moisture are good. Each drop will help lessen the drought conditions we've been suffering these past few years.

I feel that here is western NY we are blessed. Yes, we have snow, but, we know how to deal with. Summers are warm but tempered by Lake Erie and fall and spring are beautiful.

We in Maine have been complaining about the rain and cold. Then we see the devastation down south and then we decide it could be worse. I would like to garden a little but no hope yet.

Blog Entries
    *** I live in Upstate SC and we did not get much rain (only a few drops)
    *** BUT
    *** my son lives in Pensacola, Fl. His edbase was closed & his house flood (up to plug in outlets)
    *** for the 2nd time in 5 years. Last time he was out for 8 months for repairs.
    *** Had to be taken down tothe studs.

*** They are getting more rain today.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

can't argue with Pooh.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

We would welcome anything wet at this stage. We are in for a very bad summer if we don't get some rain soon. It rains all around us but just short showers or mist for a short while here.

Whatever the weather, we always look forward to the next season! Hoping for one more that we can call ours, I guess.
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland