what a day!!

Old 09-03-2010, 04:18 AM

When it rains it poors! At least she has that new bundle of joy to go home to! I hope her hubby is the kind of man that will help lessen her load when she gets home. Hard to get enough rest with a new baby. Prayers going up!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by granniebj
When it rains it poors! At least she has that new bundle of joy to go home to! I hope her hubby is the kind of man that will help lessen her load when she gets home. Hard to get enough rest with a new baby. Prayers going up!
Actually he doesn't help at all. She was having a hard time last night. The baby keeps kicking her incisions and it hurts so bad. He said he was sick and couldn't help. So he went to bed. Poor thing. She finally consented to letting me come help her today. I used to really like him but I'm starting to feel differently.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:39 AM

Tell him to pull up his BIG GIRL PANTIES AND HELP!!!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Hubbys tend to feel helpless. Mine is a great guy and will do what is asked but having him always be intuitive isn't going to happen. Make a list of Daddy Do's to help out. Sometimes you need to knock them in the head with a 2x4 to get their attention but they usually come around. Get Dad a kangaroo carrier (front pack?) and send him to the store. He'll get great service, more self-esteem and bonding with baby. Works wonders.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:38 PM

On the internet. It is crystalline and you dissolve it in water. My tub states that it is good to take a multi vitamin along with it.

I did a search and the first US site I found was this http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=choli...trate&cid=1855

Hope this is of use

PS it is also supposed to boost brain power when you get into your 50's. Not found any difference yet! LOL
Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 PM

I had my gall bladder out in October 2000, after the second gall bladder attack, I passed out on the way to the hospital. The doctor removed the horrible thing and no more problems or horrible pain. He found 3 large stones.
I hope your dd feels better soon. hugs
Old 09-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Hope you DD gets well soon! Your baby photos are lovely! She will bring you such joy!A good excuse for a new quilt!!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:13 PM

Went to help my DD today. Took me 3 hours to wash up all the dirty dishes!! They don't have a dishwasher and it was horrible. Molds and such. ick. Then took her shopping and got a cute mobile for the crib and a mirror for the crib also. I also bought them an area rug for the living area so she didn't have to sit on the cold floor to play with the baby.

So both of my daughters and I got the rug on the floor and cleaned up. I was gone 6 hours! This whole time her DH was playing computer games :( I could have clobbered him. But the smile on DD's face when we left was worth every bit of the hard work and money spent.

I told her I'll be back sunday to help hang pictures and draperies and do some more cleaning. They never even got totally moved into their place. She seems to be doing pretty good after the surgery.

All in all it was a fun day.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:14 PM

I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts. It is wonderful to come on here at the end of the day and find so much support from all of you.

I think I may pry myself away from here and go downstairs and sew for a bit. Good way to relax after a long day :)
Old 09-04-2010, 11:05 AM

Sooz,
I'm sorry your SIL is so lazy. His mother needs to have a stern chat with about being a responsible adult and father.