Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what do you drink while working on your projects? >

what do you drink while working on your projects?

what do you drink while working on your projects?

Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 PM

coffee in the morning, hot or iced green tea in the afternoon and red or white wine in the evening. That's my routine and I am sticking to it!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:03 PM

Mostly water, but occassional a Cherry Pepsi or a glass of iced tea. I have my "sewing room" in the diningroom and my "cutting room" on the kitchen island. No drinks in the "sewing room" while sewing, but there's counter space across from the island so I have a safe place to set whatever I'm drinking.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:25 PM

Coffee or ice water with lemon.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 PM

I try not to drink while working on projects because with my luck I'll end up spilling something. If I do, then Mountain Dew. Milk if I'm trying to cut back on Mountain Dew.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:39 AM

If I am working in the AM, I like a cup of coffee or tea (Chinese Oolong - Truvia). If I am working in the early PM, I like a Diet-Rite or Lime Diet Coke. If I am working in the late afternoon, I like a nice glass of Mogen David or Chardonnay. I have a lot to do during the day and sitting at my sewing machine is my breathing time, my relaxing time and my own personal cocktail hour!!!! Edie
Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 AM

Diet Dr Pepper, but I learned the hard way to keep it on the other side of the room away from the machine and fabric.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:09 AM

As of yesterday I'm going to drink only things that are in a spillproof cup. I usually take my morning coffee or afternoon soda to my sewing room. But yesterday as I was finishing up I knocked the can of soda over and even though it was almost empty it went all over the sewing table ... not on my new machine though or on any fabric....but it was a lesson to me!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 AM

Coffee or more often lately, Cafe Vienna in the morning while looking on the board. The rest of the day is water or my 'almost lemonade'. { I call it that because during the summer I used make alot of lemonade, but really do not need all the sugar} I started making an applecider vinegar drink { 2tsp ACV and 2tsp raw honey and about 8oz water} that I was suprised that I ever would actually prefer that over fresh lemonade! I have 2 grandaughters that ask me to make it for them. {10 yr and 2 yr old}
Very refreshing and very good for you too.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:23 AM

Only water is allowed in my sewing room!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by SewsonSaturday
I do not really like the taste of coffee so i normaly drink hot chocolate or warm tea in the mornings. Every once in a while i will get a vanilla bean frapacino or straberrys and cream frapacino form starbucks. In the afternoons i normaly drink tea sometimes soda but not very often. My grandma and Aunt drink coffe all day while they work on their projects so i was curious as to what every one else drinks?? or if they drink anything while working? does any ony have a rule of no drinks/food around their projects?
I have very "shaky" hands, so IF I drink anything it will be a bottle of water or a bottle of CLEAR soda so IF I spill at least it's clear! lol

However when I am not working on quilting I am tea all the way!

TreeFrog