Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what do you see when you sew? >

what do you see when you sew?

what do you see when you sew?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:16 AM

You have exactly what I Wish I had outside my window. All I see are other cookie cutter houses.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:30 AM

Yesterday I watched a storm with lighting approching from the southwest, coming over the mountains. It was beautiful.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:33 AM

I am so lucky to have a view of an open field, birdfeeders (sometimes with birds feeding), and SUN! For many years all I saw was a street view and neighboring homes with grey sky. The nature view I have now is so much nicer.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:32 AM

My windows are too high to see out of when I'm sitting down sewing (or crocheting or knitting or any other needlework) so I see, in my minds eye, the person my current project is intended for, and how happy they will be that I was thinking of them & took the time to make something especially for them. When the weather cooperates & I can get outside, I see much the view you have - trees, wildlife, birds, flowers in season - we who live in a rural location truly live in Paradise.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

Honey i'm down in the basement with no window in my room! I do have a large print of a lady lying in the woods. it's over my cutting table.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:58 PM

Your view is really nice. I have a beautiful view of the canal that goes to the bay. I see boats going by and alot of birds flying around, some catching fish. I want to change my sewing machine around but I would have my back to all the action.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:34 PM

If I had that beautiful view to look at, I would never get any sewing done! You are very fortunate, I look at my neighbor's drive, when I open my mini-blinds. And I confess, my windows are not the cleanest, it's way too hot to go outside and wash them!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:51 PM

I see my deck with pots of flowers on them and my neighbors back yard. Not a bad view but I certainly would rather have yours. I have a collection of moose stuff in my house and have been to the state of Maine to see them in their habitat.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Your view is great! I see my front yard and the street, so I keep the blinds part way up. Keeps nosey neighbors from seeing everything!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:02 PM

I see the side of my neighbors house with some plants. I would really prefer your view. My back yard where we have our dining area we have a bird feeder and a squirrel who eats everything that isn't nailed down and chases the birds. He is afraid of bunnies but we haven't seen any the last couple of wks. We're wondering if our bob cat is back or their getting in the yard next door and the dog is getting them. We had a few it was so cute under the bird feeder all the animals at their table around the bird feeder. still like your view deers,etc. Sue