Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What dumb or silly things have you done? >

What dumb or silly things have you done?

What dumb or silly things have you done?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

I think I mentioned in other threads that my wrist guards went missing. We have a relatively small house and I have a pretty good idea where stuff is. I found them - inside a purse inside a suitcase....and I'm only 51.

Today, I had one of those days where everything went bonkers. I needed a third hand during cooking and when it didn't miraculously appear, I simply dropped my utensils in the bubbling gravy. Taking them back out splattered gravy all over the kitchen and when I pulled the sprayer out of the faucet, I hit the button and took a cold shower. It didn't help that DH was watching me from the other room doubled over in laughter.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Google Goddess

Hi,
I am glad I started this thread so many of us having silly things to happen to us.

Karen
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I think I mentioned in other threads that my wrist guards went missing. We have a relatively small house and I have a pretty good idea where stuff is. I found them - inside a purse inside a suitcase....and I'm only 51.

Today, I had one of those days where everything went bonkers. I needed a third hand during cooking and when it didn't miraculously appear, I simply dropped my utensils in the bubbling gravy. Taking them back out splattered gravy all over the kitchen and when I pulled the sprayer out of the faucet, I hit the button and took a cold shower. It didn't help that DH was watching me from the other room doubled over in laughter.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Google Goddess

Hi,

I have been staying up late at night to like 3:00 am. or so reading messages on this board and for the last week about 1:30 am. my dog starts barking at me to tell me to go to bed. He is barking now and just jumped on the couch to go to bed.
He will be 7 years old (shi tzu) and we got him last March and he is spoiled rotten.

So I guess I better get to bed, ha ha

Karen "Craftybear"
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 AM

ditto on all of the aforementioned I had three projects sitting on my table, just in the planning stages. I had the patterns with the fabrics, all washed and lightly ironed and stacked. I had twelve bobbins full, two needles threaded, just incase. So, I reached for the fabric of the first project and it was a newsletter from an organization to which I belong and I kept turning it and just could not make sense of it. A while later, my significant other woke me up and put me out for the night. I go to sleep where ever I am, standing or sitting, eating or sewing. I'm happy doing things and I go and go. I guess if I ever sat down or stopped, I'd find out how tired I am and give it up before it gives up on me.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:28 AM

Years ago (like about 30...and I'm 53) I came in from grocery shopping..was a half hour drive from the store to home and I had ice cream in the bags, and a baby in the backseat. I quickly snatched the bags from the car, baby was sleeping, and ran to the house to get that ice cream in the freezer before it melted any more than it already had. Shoved it in the freezer and went back for my baby.

Later, I needed to go to my then mother in law's...no keys. Looked high and low for them. Accused the kids of playing with them. Checked the car a gazillion times. Finally gave up and called MIL to tell her I couldn't come.
Fixed dinner. Offered ice cream for desert. Found keys in the freezer next to the ice cream.

UGH!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Power Poster

I can relate to that Charlee...when my eldest was a baby I had the same scenario...but mine was a large parcel of fresh meat and keys in hand...the plan was throw bag and keys on bed (our room was near the front door) and toss the meat in the fridge so I could separate it, label and freeze after baby was transferred from car to cot. After transferring junior to his bed, I went to the fridge...yep bag and keys chilling nicely and the meat parcel sitting on the bed.