what she said... too cute!

Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 PM

Default what she said... too cute!

I have two grandaughters, one is 15 and one is 12, both like to mimick my southern accent since I am the only one in our family that has one. I had them the last couple of days since school is out for Christmas break. The three of us were sitting at the dinning room table this morning eating fruit cake of all things. As I was getting ready to have another piece I said in my drawel "Imo have one more piece." The little one (who by the way was a micro preemie and the only little one in our whole family) says "Thats our family's motto "Imo have one more piece." Her drawel was pert near perfect, we all three laughed because we all new it was so true. I guess if they remember anything about me it will be my accent, the fact they grew up drinking sweet tea and that they both aquired a taste for fruit cake. We laugh because we know lots of people don't like it but I always did and I guess since I have kept them since they day they popped out that they like a lot of things that I do. They love telling everyone that I put ice tea in their baby bottles in the summer and that McDonald's now has sweet tea in the north because I complained so much... I just love those girls.... I really really really do! Merry Christmas everybody, I mean yall!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:49 PM

You do know that mimicry is the Highest form of flattery. You are well loved (smile). Thank you for sharing this lovely story.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:59 PM

How sweet!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

It sounds like you have been blessed with some lovely grandaughters. I love fruit cake too but it has to be homemade not the store bought stuff.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 PM

awww, that is cute! my sister is always making fun of my accent, well she moved to GA 2 years ago and is now aquireing her own accent! so I get to tease her now
Old 12-23-2011, 10:32 PM

Sweet story, Gramma. I love to hear those. Our job is grammas is to sprinkle star dust. and make the memories. Have a Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2011, 01:38 PM

So that's how Minnesota got sweet tea at McDonald's.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Merry Christmas, y'all! That is what is spoken here in the Texas Panhandle too. I like fruit cake too but prefer unsweet tea...fewer calories that way!

Merry Christmas to all and y'all a good night!
Old 12-24-2011, 03:00 PM

My wife is the opposite of you, thevintageseamstress. She was born in Indiana and moved to North Carolina when she was six years old. She thinks that I've corrupted our children because they speak with a Southern accent! I think she thought that they would inherit her accent.

Now I'm going to tell you something that you probably won't believe. In the entire time she's lived here, she's NEVER eaten a black-eyed pea. I've tried and tried, but she just won't eat one. I can understand not wanting to try turnip greens, but black-eyed peas? Oh well, at least I've gotten her to like North Carolina style barbeque.

Tate
Old 12-25-2011, 07:27 AM

Smile

Sounds perfect to me, but then I'm from Alabama!! 