Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are they thinking????? >

What are they thinking?????

What are they thinking?????

Old 06-29-2010, 11:57 AM

Actually, I think the two I hate the most right now are:

1. COLON-FLOW - complete with graphically animated "results"
2. GASX - It's just gross.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
I have to admit that there is one commercial that I have to watch every time it comes on. It's got a darling little boy walking down the street, wearing a white (?) shirt and diapers that are colored to look like denim. The narrator sounds a little like Ricardo Montalban, and he says something like 'I may be doing number two, but I look like number one!". Not sure why this cracks me up so much - maybe I'm just getting old.
Me, too! He also says, "I poo in blue" . Ha-ha!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:25 PM

It seems that most of the commericials should be for kids since they seem to talk down to us like we would fall for such nonsense and run to the store. NOT!!! As for Genital herpes, ED, etc. they should be banned. EWWWWWWWW. Makes me want to take a shower. It seems out airways have no sense of family any more...just make a buck. I did like the new baby with the denim diapers.So cute. I am going to get some for my two GS's. Hate the lous commercials too. It if a rude awakening if you aren't paying attention. We use the Mute button alot also.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:25 PM

I can't stand the one with that goofy guy selling some kind of car insurance and he's talking on a blue phone attached to his belt, trying to get some kind of deal for his client and says, "Guys, I just gagged!" Then he wants a "disppearing deductible" and says, "hook, line, sinker - DONE". I'm SO glad that's not my insurance company!

There's another one that's even worse - there's a guy explaining how one of the car rental agencies works (can't remember which one). Then this lady says, "Stop - you had me at "no standing in line. I love you, what? ew-w-w". Then the guy says, "Careful". What does that even mean? Just makes me want to scream and kick in the TV!

One thing the marketers didn't figure on - their commercials might make me remember their product names, but they also make sure I never buy those products 'cause I hate the commercial!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM
JJs
Banned

oh yea, I hate, loathe and despise the Hardy's commercials...
haven't seen one yet that is clever in any way - stereotypical, woman bashing commercials, with gross, disgusting women and gross men
Old 06-29-2010, 12:46 PM

The 2 brands that make me want to join 'the Freemen' ( remember them from the late 90's?) are the ladies razor commercial where the bushes the women walk past morph into the different shapes you can trim your pubic hair into, I'm not a prude by any chance, but ... REALLY???!!! and the Mucinex commercial, is there anything more disgusting than mucus in your chest? or the fact that to get it out you're coughing it out???!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:48 PM

And Carl's Jr. customers must all be slobs from the looks of their commercials.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
Originally Posted by renee765
I have to admit that there is one commercial that I have to watch every time it comes on. It's got a darling little boy walking down the street, wearing a white (?) shirt and diapers that are colored to look like denim. The narrator sounds a little like Ricardo Montalban, and he says something like 'I may be doing number two, but I look like number one!". Not sure why this cracks me up so much - maybe I'm just getting old.
Me, too! He also says, "I poo in blue" . Ha-ha!
I do love this one commercial. He is so cute! It is the only one I think is cute. The rest is disgusting or stupid.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 PM

Vgengels I forgot about that one for the razor. When I first saw it I didn't get it-thought look at all the topiaries. Duh-senior, blonde moment!! Ewww!! I don't want to know what shape someone shaves!!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Pam

I have been waiting for one to die and all of the leaves fall off.