Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What were you called when you were little, and by whom? >

What were you called when you were little, and by whom?

What were you called when you were little, and by whom?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by sandraa
My dad called me Sandysue and cousins called me stick cause I was so skinny. I wish someone would call me stick now, but fat chance of that.
If it would make you feel better I will call you Stick. :)
Hi Stick, nice to meet you :)
Old 02-17-2011, 05:32 PM

I was my Dad's Pumpkin.
My brothers and sister's called me Retta.
My nieces and nephews call me Aunt Retta.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:47 PM

Patti Lee by my parents and grandparents (unless I was in trouble.... LOL then it was Patricia Lee (my given name). My brother called me Nee Nee and it gradually became just Lee..... and still is
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM

"sissy" when young and "sis" when older... cousin could not say Sharon .. so said Butch's (brother) sis... so it became sissy and then sis... So my family always calls me Sis. My husbands family always call me Sharon as does my husband!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I was called.....Ditter!! It started when I was learning to talk. My DM said I would walk around saying ditter over and over. I guess it was pretty funny to everyone and before long that was my nickname. I had outgrown it by the time I went to school except for my step Dads' family. They call me Ditter to this day! :lol:
We all Call you Ditter too!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 PM

My German Grandmother always called me "Der Maunda" and my Uncle Cliff called me Sissy. My brother would call me whatever goofy name the Three Stooges used that day on TV.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:54 PM

We hated it, but Uncle called us "peanut".
Old 02-17-2011, 05:55 PM

Forgot to say my mother called me a "big calf" whenever I cried. This was ridicule so I learned not to cry. (hard to do as a child, and sometimes hard to do as an adult)
Old 02-17-2011, 06:04 PM

Heres mine...hope your ready.
Because I am short (I'm 5 foot now) I used to be called shorty by this old lady that lived next to us. She was the only one that called me that. Grandma called me Dee Dee. My other grandma called me Dee Dee too unless she thought I was my aunt Orena and she would call me Orena Kay. (that was only after she got dementia). I called my Grandpa Curly, because he had curly hair like that guy on the Three Stooges and I couldnt say grandpa. My real dad called me Abbie Gail. To this day I like that name Abbie. My sisters name was Farmer John HAHAHA and that was because she was SO FLIPPIN skinny that her clothes just hung on her (took her to have 6 boys to put on any weight) and she was called Poached Eggs because she didn't hardly grow any boobs and that took 6 babies to get some. LOL.
When I was in elementary and junior high school, there was one boy named Sam to this day I can remember his name and even what he looked like...hope he ended up being a preacher or something for how mean he was to me, but he called me either Dead Eye or Evil Eye depended on his mood. (I am visually handicapped and my right eye is paralyzed and blind)and I can remember him making me cry all the time and it didnt help that I was so short. I wore a size 6 X pants in the 6th grade!!! And that is small.
I called my oldest daughter Synder Sue (her name is Synthya Marie), I call my middle daughter Tinner Sue or just T and her name is Tina Ann, so where I came up with the Sue part, I haven't a clue. Now for my youngest daughter, her name is Mistydawn. She has no middle name. But I had always called her "Misfit" and in a good way and she knew it. When she was little, people would ask her what her name was and she would either say "Misfit or Strawberry Shortcake" Well anyways, when she was about 16 or so, I quit calling her Misfit and she asked me why I never called her that anymore and I told her that I thought she was too old for me to be calling her that and she said..."NO IM NOT MOM you can call me Misfit ANYTIME YOU WANT TO." So on occasion I will call her that just to make her "feel extra special". I call my husband either Charles or Love, or Babe but I never have to worry about him being late for dinner. And he calls me Babe all the time...sometimes I don't think he even remembers my name. LOL.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 PM

I was called juinor because I was named after my mother Dorothy I hated it. also toothpick or clothespin cause I was skinney.My first nephew couldn't say Dorothy. I was then DeeDee now Dee, to old for DeeDee except for family.