Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What were you called when you were little, and by whom? >

What were you called when you were little, and by whom?

What were you called when you were little, and by whom?

Old 02-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
When I was young I couldn't say my whole last name so I shortened it to just the last two syllables - Eppe (pronounded Eppie). My Aunt used to call me Susie Eppie. To this day she is the ONLY person ever allowed to get away with calling me "Susie" anything more than once.

Strangely enough, my family all call me Susan and my friends all call me Sue. It was never planned, it just happened that way. I've never heard my best friend call me Susan. Never.
Funny thing, same with me. Certain people call me Sue, Susie (fam) and Susan. I could never figure it out but it is what it is. I've been called worse hahaha
Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandraa
My dad called me Sandysue and cousins called me stick cause I was so skinny. I wish someone would call me stick now, but fat chance of that.
This one made me LOL!!!! Same here, my brother used to call me stick legs, not any more hahaha
Old 02-16-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I was called ugly and stupid. That was many years ago and in a world far far away.
I think your childhood name should have been precious. You look like a "precious" to me. Or maybe we'll even shorten it to Presh. You are adorable and you needed a sweet nickname.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:44 PM

My dad calls me "Punkin", my late MIL called me "Little Bit" because I'm short. My best friend in Albuq calls me "Leetle", another reference to being short. Oh well.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 PM

Well I'll tell you mine when I was very little. Droopy Drawers, cause my diaper was always drooping. Guess I outgrew that. My dad had a nickname for all his kids but me. Never gave me one, my grandma called me Ann, the only one to do that, which is my middle name, my grandpa called me Shelly. Which is close to Shirley, I guess. That's all I remember..
Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 PM

when I was younger baby brother called me Deda he couldn't say Linda. I couldn't wait until he could say my name.years later my other brother had a son and calls me Deda Thought it was over but no way. He still call me aunt Deda. But the best name I have is from my GD. When my daughter would bring her over to my house she would say to her we are going to grammys YEAH now she thinks my name is grammy yeah I love this name
Old 02-16-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
Suzie Q by my dad & Blondie by all my uncles. Suz was just a nick name he always called me & I don't know why. As he was walking me down the isle he said "Well Suz looks like here comes the bride" & he started crying. Blondie was cuz I had blonde, blonde hair when I was little & because of the cartoon character I guess!
I saw this and couldn't believe what I was reading. My dad called me Suzie Q and everyone in the neighborhood called me Blondie. My hair was really blonde almost white. My middle name is Suzzett so that is where the Suzie Q came from.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
My grandpa used to call me "cupcake"
My husbands mom called him "whistle britches"
My Step Brother called me PONY.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:10 PM

They used to call me Fudgesickle because that was all I would eat all summer when I was little.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 PM

I used to be called Suzie Q, too, by my big sis as well as Leapin Lena. Don't know where thata came from!