Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are you asking for for Christmas? >

What are you asking for for Christmas?

What are you asking for for Christmas?

Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 AM

I have an Ipad3 and I love it too. I use Facetime to see and chat with my dear friend who lives across the country. What a blessing that is!!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 AM

Old fashioned here, still pray for peace and harmony through out the world. We need nothing here. I did ask the two sons to take me to see "Guilt Trip", though. No reply as of yet.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

I buy what I want for myself and let the presents from family be a surprise. Mostly I'm very surprised at what they think I would like. DH can't get it through his head my ears are NOT pierced. LOL
Old 12-21-2012, 02:09 PM

I gave more than ever to the food for poor and toys for the kids that won't receive much. I feel good about this. My DH and I needed a new to us car so that is what we got last Monday. We love it. This is also for our 39th anniversary. I pray for peace also in this world and safety for our children. That would be a nice change.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:58 PM

Absolutely nothing. I am truly blessed with all my needs met and most of my wants. My grandchildren surprised me with a gift that was totally unexpected, that will probably be all I receive. I decided to not buy my adult children gifts anymore, they have everything under the sun already. I made a large donation to a charity instead. My DH and I are very happy just to be with each other and to be in good health.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:22 PM
ro
Banned

its more like what am i going to buy for myself. we need nothing. and don't exchange gifts. christmas is for young children that believe in santa. nothing like watching a little one at christmas. and if they're really young, just watch them play with the paper. health and happiness is all that we need. not materialistic things.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:32 PM

With money as tight as it is, I always seem to find myself putting things we need on my wishlist, rather than things I want. Some decent pots and pans to replace the scratched up non-stick stuff we have now, gift cards for my favorite supermarket and the local farmers markets, things I need to get the front yard looking like something other than a pile of weeds and to get the backyard garden to a place where it can produce a reasonable amount of food in the summer. This time I've got my Winter term textbooks on there, too. What I'd really love is a plane ticket so we could bring my mom out to visit us. I haven't seen her since our wedding three years ago. She and my wife have only met twice, and we've been together for 7 years.

This year, my stepson and his girlfriend have a new baby and they're all coming to spend a few days with us. So of course the vast majority of our already small holiday budget went to baby gifts.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 AM

My husband and I have not bought each other gifts for Christmas for several years since we have don't need anything and have reached the age we don't want anything and are trying to downsize what we do have. Shopping isn't fun anymore so we try not to do it. But then I read this statistic :
  • 10.9 million children under five die in developing countries each year. Malnutrition and hunger-related diseases cause 60 percent of the deaths;
  • Source: The State of the World's Children, UNICEF, 2007) and we have decided that our Christmas will be a monthly donation to Feed the Children. I wish we had started that 20 years ago because honestly, I can't remember the gifts I received and gave for the last 20 years but someone would remember eating for that time.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:47 AM

What I would like for Christmas?

Not to have to worry about money. Christmas is always stressfull because of the lack of funds.

This year : no gifs for hubby or myself and only 1 or 2 not expensive gifts for the kids. Santa is bringing only what is in their stocking (candy and a card game.)

Parents gifts are homemade Christmas ornaments or recycled gift from a previous year. Why they gave me a silver serving tray is beyound my knowledge- maybe I'll just gift it back to them.

Boy - I'm sounding like the SCROOGE. When is the recession going to end.

Last edited by KarenR; 12-22-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:50 AM

I want my family to be together instead of scattered all over the place. Peace and happiness for my children and grandchildren and for all the world to know the peace of the Lord.