Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What Are You Doing on the 4th??? >

What Are You Doing on the 4th???

What Are You Doing on the 4th???

Old 07-03-2009, 07:37 PM

I got a watermelon today to help celebrate, but I am going to stay home with my critters because they are not pleased with the noise!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:56 PM

I just picked up our first watermelon of the season. Gotta have it on the 4th. DH and I will just be hanging out at home while all the madness goes on. We can see quite a few fireworks displays from our bedroom window, since we're on the side of a hill, so we camp out there and watch. Unfortunately, there is a segment of the population here that celebrates by shooting guns into the air, so I always prefer to be at home. Guess the idiots have never heard the one about "what goes up must come down" and don't care where the bullets come down. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Between them and the drunks, staying at home seems best. Gee, I sound like a crotchety old woman, but I'm not. Honest.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Nothing at all!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

My niece who I haven't seen in years is coming this weekend! I can't wait!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:41 PM

I am going Scuba Diving off a charter boat in the morning with the DH and friends...
80 degrees in Neoprene is not fun....gotta get in the water...
Then home to start up the grill. Ribs, Dogs, Burgers and such and all the stuff that goes with it. I even made a lime jello salad...
Then we will play in the pool and just relax. I bought daquiri mix and the hubby went and got some rum for strawberry daquiris if we so desire.
Having some friends over...pretty quiet around our place, 'cept the puppies do not like the noise. That is why we aren't somewhere watching the display.
K
Old 07-04-2009, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by KO24
I am going Scuba Diving off a charter boat in the morning with the DH and friends...
80 degrees in Neoprene is not fun....gotta get in the water...
Then home to start up the grill. Ribs, Dogs, Burgers and such and all the stuff that goes with it. I even made a lime jello salad...
Then we will play in the pool and just relax. I bought daquiri mix and the hubby went and got some rum for strawberry daquiris if we so desire.
Having some friends over...pretty quiet around our place, 'cept the puppies do not like the noise. That is why we aren't somewhere watching the display.
K
Diving sounds like fun! I haven't gotten wet in a while. Need to get back in the water. I have 2 free passes for a boat dive I need to use.
Don't have to use anything here...water is always warm, but I do wear a skin.
Instead of strawberry daquiris, try watermelon. Use watermelon rum with the daquiri mix or whats even better is the pina colada mix with the watermelon rum. YUMMY!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:32 AM

We are having lots of people in for the 4th! Our kids invite their friends and they bring their kids. Sisters and brothers and family and friends. I picked black raspberries in our fence rows(and yes, I did manage to get some poison!) and made 4 raspberry custards. Also a big bowl of pasta salad. Everyone brings food. We'll have burgers and sausages and later will burn some dogs and marshmallows over the firepit. Plus there is a candy filled pinata for the kids, bingo for all, and assorted lawn games. Probably the kids will be hanging out in the pool. Then when it is dark, several people said they bought some fireworks. Some folks will put up their tents and spend the night. It's a long day but everybody looks forward to our picnic on the 4th!!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by jbud2
We are having lots of people in for the 4th! Our kids invite their friends and they bring their kids. Sisters and brothers and family and friends. I picked black raspberries in our fence rows(and yes, I did manage to get some poison!) and made 4 raspberry custards. Also a big bowl of pasta salad. Everyone brings food. We'll have burgers and sausages and later will burn some dogs and marshmallows over the firepit. Plus there is a candy filled pinata for the kids, bingo for all, and assorted lawn games. Probably the kids will be hanging out in the pool. Then when it is dark, several people said they bought some fireworks. Some folks will put up their tents and spend the night. It's a long day but everybody looks forward to our picnic on the 4th!!

I think I want to come to your house!!

Old 07-04-2009, 05:36 AM

Sewjoyce, it gets to a point I don't know who is here, and who isn't!! Come on over!!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:41 AM

We live in south central PA, about 20 minutes east of Gettysburg. That is a great place to visit but we stay clear of that area around the 4th. Lots of renactments going - they get thousands of people in the for the week.