Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36

Thread: What was/is your occupation

I am retired. Was a Medical Social Worker with a speciality in Mental Health and Aging. I was also a certified Activity Therapist. I have been retired now for 29 years. Quilting has been a major pass time as well as paper crafting of just about any kind.

I am employed. Admin assistant. Sewing has been a good therapy tool for me, peace of mind! I still have a few years before I can retire. I don't know really what I'd do if I did retire. I've been so use to working since I was 13 years old.
    Family is a priority, not a convenience!
    Take time to be friendly... It's the road to happiness.
    Take time to give... It is too short a day to be selfish.

Retired Systems Analyst. Loved the job, hated how much of it I had to do to keep my job and reputation. 60 - 80 hour weeks killed the enthusiasm. I have a long arm but will Not quilt for money as that makes it a job, and I don't want to work (like that) again.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-10-2019 at 02:37 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

A very wise move.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

I am a retired medical technologist. I worked 40 years in a medical laboratory.

Blog Entries
    This is a really old post. started in 2011. wow. it resurfaced. i retired in 2005 after 25 years at the post office as a grunt. helped the husband on the farm also since 1972.

Registered Nurse 37 yrs. then opened a quilt shop for 10 yrs. sold it and now am retired

Started working as a daytime babysitter at 12, worked for Sanders in stores in Detroit from 1954 to 1955, law office until 10/31/1959, General Motors from 1959 to 1996 starting as file clerk and retiring as Executive Secretary to Executive Vice President of Engineering for diesel engines. Best job ever! Now retired and enjoying life.

Retired social worker but not a therapist. administered federal formula grant programs, involved in policy and research. Keep up my license. I worked hard for it and learn a thing or two with the annual continuing education
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    Care provider for Alzheimer’s clients ( since1987)
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36