Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What was/is your occupation >

What was/is your occupation

What was/is your occupation

Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 AM

At one time, I was the marketing director in a mid-sized mall, then later, became a counselor for battered women in Pa. and La. Now, I'm a retired homemaker and lovng it! Each job has it high and low points but it's wonderful when all come together--success!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:46 AM

Retired now, but was the Business Manager for the Parma City School District, and then for the Cleveland Heights/University Heights school district. While getting promoted thru the ranks to Business Manager, I was also raising five children and finishing up my business degree. Crazy, yes -- it takes it's toll on your nervous system!!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:50 AM

Graduated high school in 1996 and went to work as a bookkeeper, then worked for 1 1/2 years at Michael's in the frame shop. Began working as a bookkeeper/legal assistant for a small law firm in November, 1999, and have been there ever since. I love it.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:51 AM

I was an LPN.. Licensed Practical Nurse. I worked in a residence facility for profoundly handicapped children when I lived in Ohio, then I became night supervisor of 4 group homes where they could move upon reaching the age of adult. When I moved to NY, I worked in a group home for profoundly handicapped young adults until I was injured on the job.
Now I am on disability and spend my time making quilts to donate to people who have come to my attention that they could use one. This is my new way of contributing to my community. I am content now that I feel useful and productive again!!! :D
Old 10-14-2011, 08:55 AM
SEW

I am a Registered Nurse in a long term care facility. Have done lots of different kinds of nursing over the last 20+ years. Worked at a hospital, home care, rehab and long term care. Working with the elderly in long term care has been the most satisfying in all my years of nursing.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Now retired.
I was a Nurse, Health Educator, Counselor
Still do some private counseling
Have worked in big hospital, business and doctor's office settings.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:58 AM

I was a stay at home mom until I was 51 and all the kids off on their own. Then I was a librarian and archivist for historical collections. Been retired 10 years.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Worked 17 yrs as an RN -med/surg. Never really comfortable with nrs'g. Then 10+ yrs fulltime at a Greenhouse (my favorite). Acouple yrs as a Grocery Store checker. Had to take time off when both parents became ill, and never went back.
Now I am retired. My time is spent w husb, 2 adult kids and their families, including 4 grandkids. Also 3 indoor cats and several outdoor ones. I enjoy reading, sewing and quilting, and time spent on the computer!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:59 AM

I am a switchboard/PBX operator and front desk receptionist for a local Health Department that has over 350 employees in 4 different buildings. I average around 350 calls per day. Right now with the kids back in school and them sharing all of their germs, the average is closer to 400 calls a day, and will increase once we get deeper into flu season. That's not counting all the people who come to my front desk who are in the wrong building and I have to re-direct, or the people who are in the RIGHT building but don't know where they're supposed to go. I have job security because no one else wants my job! LOL! But I DO love it, and I get to see every cute little face that comes in through the front doors! :c)

Donna
Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 AM

I'm a dental hygienist, currently working in northern Ontario on the Native reserves. :XD: