What is your pet peeve?

Old 02-13-2011, 02:00 AM

I can not stand the noise of people chewing drives me from the room it always has since I was little gag
Old 02-13-2011, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by sharoney
People who walk through the doors of the grocery store with their cart and then just stop- to dig in their purse, or whatever- and block the way. Drives me insane.
And people who stop in the middle of the aisle to have a chat or whatever and block the aisle :-)
Old 02-13-2011, 02:06 AM

Calling in to take care of a bill or needing help with service and all you get is a recording.

Sorry to all the Teachers here, but I also have a pet peeve when teachers get upset with folks who have problems with spelling or english.. :-(

Wish I hadn't read this post at all.....

And ladies, if I upset you because of my language or spelling sorry, but my education just wasn't what it should of been.

Since I was very shy and I mean very, very shy growing up and didn't like to speak up and ask questions.

I think it was because we moved around a lot.

And because I didn't give any of my Teachers grief, they pass me on.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 AM

Ringing the phone company or other organisation, going through the press #1, etc caper, and finish up speaking to someone in India who can barely speak English, and if they can, has an accent so thick you can't understand them. Seems all Australian organisations have them. Have decided next time I will ask for a natural English speaking person, and if they are offended, too bad.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:08 AM

Lying, I hate people who lie. With a passion.
Drivers who pull out in front of me on the highway and do 2 kms under the speed limit.
When DH doesnt listen to me, and thinks he knows best! lol
Old 02-13-2011, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie Quilter
Ringing the phone company or other organisation, going through the press #1, etc caper, and finish up speaking to someone in India who can barely speak English, and if they can, has an accent so thick you can't understand them. Seems all Australian organisations have them. Have decided next time I will ask for a natural English speaking person, and if they are offended, too bad.
LOL that exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by tweetee
Lying, I hate people who lie. With a passion.
Drivers who pull out in front of me on the highway and do 2 kms under the speed limit.
When DH doesnt listen to me, and thinks he knows best! lol
Or to turn in front of you to go shopping.

I was concrete mixer driver until I got hurt, now I sit at home because of back pain.

But I think people thought that we could stop on a dime, because their were folks who pull over in front of you to pull into a shopping center. I don't know how many people I almost rear ended because of them doing this, especially with a full load of 10yards of concrete! What where people thinking, or not thinking...
Old 02-13-2011, 03:38 AM

My pet peeve is rude people. Especially the ones who say something mean to you and expect you to just take it and say nothing back.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tropical
My pet peeve is rude people. Especially the ones who say something mean to you and expect you to just take it and say nothing back.
Amen.

I was at a water park, and I'm over weight, enjoying my day with my grandchildren and sons. And out of no where, this young college student, called me a whale. I wasn't hurting him or anyone else minding my own business, but he hurt my feelings.

Some People just don't think sometimes.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:50 AM

I have two more pet peeves and they pertain to pets. Our county has a leash law for dogs and not for cats. Cats often mess in our landscaping and even on our sidewalks. Then the owners say you can't leash cats and expect you to clean up after their pets. Also, pets are not allowed on our beaches in this county, yet people take their dogs out onto the beaches and let them mess all over and don't clean up after them. What makes them think the law doesn't apply to them? GRRRRR!!!