Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Is Your Title?

"call Gama Lynn" seems to be mine on fixing something or cooking favorite dish or where to get something,picking them up...etc
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Blog Entries

Question

*** I call myself the "DEAR ABBY OF DUNCAN".
    *** It seems everyone thinks I have good advise.
    *** They want to ask me questions.
    *** They know I keep secrets.
    *** I have been asked some really weird questions.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

After last night I'm calling myself "Fox Chaser."

The foxes around here like to tease my dog on the opposite side of the fence... in the middle of the night. The one last night was as big as my dog! It won't go away until I shine my Maglite in its eyes. I've tried shaking a rug at it, but running toward it with the Maglite seems to work the best.

I am from the South, raised my daughters in AZ. Daughter #2 married a guy from New York (yes I am blaming him LOL) All of a sudden I am MAW?? What is that awful, donkey braying, sound?? MAW?? Oh Dear........
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Gee Ma, from all the "no's" to the requests from the kids. Now my grandkids call me G-Ma for grandma.

I am Grammie and retired nurse.
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

Blog Entries
    DH and my two boys called me the "Governor", because I handled the family finances, so any major purchases had to cleared by me. Both boys are grown and out of the house, but they still call me the Governor (and mom). DH call me "sweets". Our 4 legged girls know me as mama.
    Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe of life.

House Elf!!

I am Mother when I am being strict with my girls, Honey from my DH, but I am the Queen when we shop. One day many years ago, I thought I had put my wallet in my purse and went to a quilt store with my husband. As I got ready to pay, I realized I had not brought my wallet with me. So I jokingly turned around and told him he would have to pay as "the Queen does not carry money." The cashier just burst out laughing. Ever since then, whenever we go shopping together, my DH will ask in a conversational voice, "Does the Queen need money?" or "Will you be needing money your Majesty?" as he pulls out his wallet. lol

Blog Entries
    I am "the source of all goodies" ( 2cats, 2dogs), "Kitchen magician" (I can walk into an "empty" kitchen and make food, which translates to there is nothing DH can put in the microwave), "Momguy" to all of DD's friends, "Sir" to strangers who call on the phone (Women in my family have very deep voices), and "Keeper of the gravy secret" (since I seem to be the only family member who can do it without lumps). I can live with it.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    After visiting my cousin and her family in S California, I am now known as the Family Matriach

I am the Guardian of the Language. My siblings still call me and ask me if something sounds right or is grammatically correct. My kids and husband rely on me to edit any and everything they write.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

alises, given to me over the years by family: momzilla, the unamommer, ghengismom, attila the mom, the mominator, chief cook and dog washer, and the grammazon. most of these were in jest, by my youngest daughter--but the best ones, right now, are from the grand toddlers: ammah, or gamma.
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Blog Entries
    Gadget Queen of the Family! love all the gadgets we have now.

I've heard myself described as 'the flower-dog lady in this small own.
    My husbands always starts talking ti me with "Hey ya"
    So that's me title HEY YA!
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

My nickname in my immediate family is "Blue" (long story) and when my niece and nephew were little they were taught to call me "Auntie Blue". That's cute, but my absolute favorite was when they were too little to pronounce it right, it came out as "Annie Boo", which I just LOVED. That was the best "title" I've ever had - if I ever start up my own business I want to use that name in it, somehow.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Guess I am "passenger" as I often am wakened early to "ride" to work on the phone with my doctor daughter at 6:30a.m. I just roll over and go back to sleep 20 minutes later. Love these sharing times.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Hard Core Enforcer! I am very good at discipline with my 'Grands'. They think I'm really 'nice' or that I 'won't do anything' if they step out of line. I'm so good at quiet discipline that they don't even know when they're being disciplined!

Most of my rules are about safety and respect, and I don't just preach them, I practice them.

They rarely misbehave around me. Of course, if they were with me 24 x 7 that might be very different.

I am, however, considered a 'manners and grammar nut'! Guilty as charged.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    Excuse me here - I have to let my dog out--------She is 13 years old - feisty bugger. She can't jump on the bed anymore, so she gets a treat and walks up the steps and is very happy, thank you very much!!!--------------Dog barking - excuse me-------------Good Grief! Been raining all day - wet feet, wipe them off - follow her and wipe up the drips behind her. I want to work on a quilt that I have to get done by Christmas - She knows it - she won't let me sit for much more than five minutes, give or take a minute. Her name is Bess. I love her dearly. Edie

I am Doorman for Dog!
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

I would call myself the cat whisperer. If you need to calm a kitty I can do it. Also the doorwoman, with 6 cats never a peaceful time doing what needs to be done.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

To my husband I'm "the best thing that's ever happened to him", shug (short for sugar), fireball, life manager and "a damn good cook". To all who know me I am "Carol makes the tea". For all my adult life, any event, everyone looks to me to bring the tea with whatever dish they have requested. My kids call me mom and the boss and the grandkids call me grandma. The children I have babysat for called me rickncarol until they were old enough to realize their parents were saying, "do you want to go to Rick and Carol's".

Once on a car loan form it asked for my profession. Since I'm a stay at home mom, I asked dh what to write. He suggested "domestic love slave."

We we got the loan. I've used it several times since.

Blog Entries
    AngelaS that is so funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2