Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's The Most Money You Found in One Day? >

What's The Most Money You Found in One Day?

What's The Most Money You Found in One Day?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Everyone sees pennies and quarters from time to time. We may even see a dollar laying on the ground. Many years ago, I thought I saw a dollar some feet away from me. When I walked closer to it I saw that it was a TWENTY......and it had two "sisters". $60.00!!! Oh, what I could do with that much now.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

I just found a twenty hiding in my purse ~ does that count??? :)
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BKinCO
I just found a twenty hiding in my purse ~ does that count??? :)
Sure. Why not? If you didn't know you had it, I think it counts.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:35 PM

Our car broke down on a trip and while it was getting repaired we went for a walk and found an envelope with $15.00 on it. Each of the kids got 5 I have found a $5.00 twice but collect what I find in parking lots from pennies too quarters.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:42 PM

I found a hundred in my pocketbook. How nice was that?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM

I found a 100.00 bill in a bank book in a parking lots that had been run over, rained on and who knows what else.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:57 PM

I found a wallet with over $500.00 in it. I returned it and got a $10.00 reward! I was only 9 or 10 at the time, but I thought that I was rich!!! :)
Old 02-22-2010, 02:29 PM

I found $160 in my husband's suit jacket pocket. The next day I gave him part of it for pocket money and he thanked me! Probably the rest went for fabric!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM

last year my mother found 50 D-Mark in our holy bible. She had hidden it there long time ago . Very long time ago! Because since 2001 we only have €. Today 50 DM are aprox 25 €
Thats was a really good place for saving money!!

Myself had found 5€ during i was working as a waiter. A guest had lost it because he had all his money slackly in his trouser pocket
Old 02-22-2010, 02:48 PM

I think I found a $20 bill once, long ago. Besides that, a $5.

When I was in my 20s, in NYC, I was crossing 7th Avenue (a wide, multi-laned street) at rush hour, when I saw a wallet packed with money fall out of a guy's pocket. I grabbed it and ran to catch up with him, but it took half a block before I did. Now, meanwhile, I'm waving his wallet and yelling, but you know New Yorkers - nothing. So I finally get to him as he's waiting for a Walk light and get there just as it changes to Walk. I grabbed his arm, because he wasn't responding even when I was calling him from right beside him.

When I finally get his attention, I'm holding the wallet out to him and he has the nerve to accuse me of taking it in the first place! He snatches it from me and I only had time to yell after him that he'd dropped it in the middle of 7th Ave. He never even thanked me, just rushed away.

At that point I was working full time and earning very little. I didn't expect a monetary award, but when he was so nasty, I really wished I'd just kept it. In fact, I felt like a fool for not doing so. Still do.

Well, what goes around comes around. A few years later, in Brooklyn (on the border between Borough Park & Flatbush, for those who care), I was the one who dropped my wallet, on 17th Avenue. A guy in a passing car slowed and honked and honked at me, calling to me. I thought he was yelling because he wanted me to get out of his way, but once I got across, he was still yelling and calling.

I turned around and gave him what-for for continuing to chew me out after I'd gotten out of his way, and I can swear a blue streak. So there I was... and the poor guy is pointing to my wallet (which he couldn't reach from his car) and I felt soooo bad! At least I apologized and thanked him.

Still waiting for my ship to come in...