What's up with my cat?

Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 AM

Well I have a (kitten) cat. I'm not a cat person. More of the dog sense but now I have a cat thanks to DGS's. I know 95% of my friends here are cat people. Ok told the boys they could keep her. Insisted on calling her Milo even though she is a girl. Well Milo thinks our carport door is her toliet. Got really tired of opening the door every morning to that smell & poop. I even made her a litter box & put poop in it so she will get the ideal. Dh is having a cow by now. After having to Pinesol & hose it down for many morning . I put her in the dog kennel cage overnite. Let her out next morning. She doesn't poop at door. Been locking her up everynite now & she is still being a lady. Saw her yesterday doing her business in the dirt under the boat. So do they finally learn whats it all about or was she trying to train me. See that is why I don't have cats. They own you, not you them.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:51 AM

now she'll go in a flower bed or any place the dirt is somewhat soft, if you give her a clean litter box, put her in it, hold her front foot and gently scratch in the litter, MOST of them get it, you will have to keep it clean tho or she'll quit using it.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

yes, usually if they can't get to dirt they will learn to poop in the grass, just like a dog. at least mine did.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 AM

Some cats are real finicky (sp?) about their litter box. Ours like the CHEAP stuff (thank goodness) but won't go in the expensive stuff! Others don't like the dust of the cheap stuff. Yes, they DO own YOU! LOL
Old 07-20-2010, 09:11 AM

Wow. We found Luna in our woodpile in May when she was maybe 6 weeks old, and she already knew how to use the litter box.

I've only had "accidents" when the cats were in heat (or they are male and hitting puberty), or when they're really angry at me for some reason (like going away for the weekend or bringing in a new animal into the house).

I just wish the older cats would teach the kitten that it's NOT OK to jump up on the plant shelves and knock flowerpots over.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
now she'll go in a flower bed or any place the dirt is somewhat soft, if you give her a clean litter box, put her in it, hold her front foot and gently scratch in the litter, MOST of them get it, you will have to keep it clean tho or she'll quit using it.
Yepper!! That should do it!! :wink:
Old 07-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Its a present I am not kidding Cats think Poop is a wonderful gift. Sorry she just loves you all. I had a cat do this until we put tons of pinesol on the stairs of the our entrance.