Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's your favorite picture/artwork in your house? >

What's your favorite picture/artwork in your house?

What's your favorite picture/artwork in your house?

Old 08-04-2011, 05:51 AM

My favorite is a cheap picture I bought years ago depicting a hillside and one lone scraggly tree silhouetted against a blue sky. I don't know why, but it speaks to me.

As for that "Angelus" painting, I love that too. I remember seeing it all through the year in my fourth grade classroom. The only reason I know its name is because it said so beneath it.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Being a Minnesotan, I'm wondering if you're a Minn farm gal? As one of the resident farmers, here, I am curious as to the artist? Perhaps Bonnie Mohr, though I don't think it's quite her style.

I have a lot of nice artwork, some by Bonnie. And many of other styles/types/subjects. Though in recent times they have lost the favourite status to this one ..........

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114217-1.htm
Though not for everyone, it reminds me of what I've achieved and inspires me to keep challenging myself onwards to greater things, be it quilting or other things in life!! :)
Love the pieced cow! The artist of my picture is Michael Sieve and its called Gods Country Cows. My mom also had a horse picture...Gods Country Horses by him that I wish she still had! I'm actually not a farm girl...live in the city lol...but I love up north/farm country and I love cows!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MrsMoe4487
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Being a Minnesotan, I'm wondering if you're a Minn farm gal? As one of the resident farmers, here, I am curious as to the artist? Perhaps Bonnie Mohr, though I don't think it's quite her style.

I have a lot of nice artwork, some by Bonnie. And many of other styles/types/subjects. Though in recent times they have lost the favourite status to this one ..........

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114217-1.htm
Though not for everyone, it reminds me of what I've achieved and inspires me to keep challenging myself onwards to greater things, be it quilting or other things in life!! :)
Love the pieced cow! The artist of my picture is Michael Sieve and its called Gods Country Cows. My mom also had a horse picture...Gods Country Horses by him that I wish she still had! I'm actually not a farm girl...live in the city lol...but I love up north/farm country and I love cows!
Thanks for the kind words and for the info on your picture. Bonnie is also from Minnesota, and you might like to check out her work ....
http://www.bonniemohrstudio.com/
Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 AM

I got this one from a Ducks Umlimited auction a couple of years ago. It has special meaning to me because it reminds me of Leadline class with my Dad. He says the same thing everytime he is over.

by Arlene Collins
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236246[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236240.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 07:55 AM

Love the cows! My favorite in my house is a framed silk embroidery picture from Japan. I inherited it from my MIL a few years ago. She said it was very old.

My Chicken Picture on silk
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236251[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236245.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 AM

I actually love a piece of my own..which I hung at the top of my stairs..before you enter my sewing room !!

Miss Scarlet wouldn't move !!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236255[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236249.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 08:05 AM

I have artwork from NeNe Thomas she's a local artist of Oklahoma City, she paints some of the most beautiful paintings of fairies. Then we have some beautiful seacoast paintings over the fireplace.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:36 AM

I have a German painting, head and shoulders of an old fashioned. stocky older red headed man whom I call the Burgermeister. Almost life sized with a flat hat, and he looks solid and 1800s. But on the back it says it was made in the early/mid 1940s near Berlin. I love him, he looks like some pictures my German Grandmother used to have. I got him at a library silent auction. When I learn to post pictures I'll show it. He's very dignified, might even be of a German Officer, since it must have cost more to have his portrait painted than the regular German could afford at that time and place in war time.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:44 AM

Wow, what fun to see everyone's favorite pieces. I love them all. The chickens on silk are magnificent, the. . .Oh I just love them all. Can't wait to go home and take pics of mine to share.
Thanks for thinking of this post.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM

Here is my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236275.jpe