Where Can I Get Help

Old 05-14-2018, 04:00 AM

Default Where Can I Get Help

I saw a quilt pattern in the April/May issue of a popular quilting magazine that I would like to make. As I read over the cutting and sewing directions, I found some discrepancies. I called the magazine to try to get some help in understanding the pattern or to get the correct instructions. The person I spoke to assured me that someone would contact me in 4 to 5 days. Well, that was 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing. The editor has a brief article which ends with her email address and asks if anyone has questions to send an email. I did that. The email bounced back. Anyone on the QB have any ideas where I can try next for help?
Old 05-14-2018, 06:17 AM

Is the author of the article listed.. Can you find their e-mail?
Old 05-14-2018, 06:38 AM

The author of the article, also designer of pattern is listed and I did a Google search but can't find any definitive info about her whereabouts.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:41 AM

Perhaps whoever designed the pattern has a website that has the corrections posted. This happens frequently. What is the name of the pattern and who is the designer? Perhaps someone has already made the pattern and could help you.

Oops! Just saw your post about the designer. Is there a link to the pattern online anywhere?

2nd edit: It is very hard to help you with your problem when all your comments are very wide and general. Or perhaps, you just wanted to vent to us? Without the name of the magazine, quilt pattern name, and designer's name, we will probably be no help to you. Call the magazine (whichever one it is) again or look for a quilting group that follows that magazine on Facebook.

This board has wonderful people who have been quilting for years and years. If they can see the pattern and understand why you are confused, they can probably help you sort it out.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-14-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 05-14-2018, 06:45 AM
DJ

If the person you talked to said they would get back to you and didn't, I would contact that person again. You request probably got buried under other work issues. Perhaps a simple reminder will do the trick. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:03 AM

Can you give us an idea about what the discrepancies might be, and show us a picture? Someone on the board might be able to help if you aren't able to get help from the folks at the magazine. I had a problem several years ago with a pattern and contacted the designer- talk about a RUDE response she sent, she inferred that I should not be sewing if I wasn't smart enough to read the pattern. Well, I showed the pattern to my quilting group and 4 or 5 others who have sewn for years and for the public. Funny thing we all read the directions the same way. I've been sewing most of my life-I'm 73 and made my first garment at age 9 in 4-H, so I'm not a newbie.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:51 AM

I contacted a magazine a few years ago about a free pattern listed in their latest edition. I couldn’t get it printed. I had a really hard time getting it because the person who was in charge was really rude. Said it wasn’t free.....Finally I found someone else who apologized and it went up to the CEO. Good Luck.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:19 AM

Please post the Quilting Magazine, the article name, author, etc., (More information) so as we can start the research along side of you.