Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you purchase your HP printer ink?

Blog Entries
    I went to WalMart (our only discount store in the area) to purchase a black ink cartridge for my HP 6500 printer. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price: $20.97 for only 300 pages! Yikes!

My question to you is: Where do you purchase your printer ink online?

Thank you for your time.

I would like to know also.

Blog Entries
    Sometime I buy the black and color in a combination package at Staples but still is expensive. There has to be a cheaper place.

I also went to Walgreens and they can refill them but when I did mine I had problems with it and took it back and got $$$ back. I think it was like $9.00 or so.

Craftybear

Blog Entries
    I go to Amazon, but it's still a lot of money for a little bit of ink. I think their prices are as good as you can find

check on e-bay. My DH always shops and gets the best prices on all different types of ink for the different printers, fax machines, the copier, etc. You'll need to know the model # of the HP printer...and be diligent because sometimes people drive up the price and someone else may have it for a lower "buy-it-now" price

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    There is a place online where you can buy refilled cartridges at a great price. Sorry I don't remember what the web site name is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Sometime I buy the black and color in a combination package at Staples but still is expensive. There has to be a cheaper place.

I also went to Walgreens and they can refill them but when I did mine I had problems with it and took it back and got $$$ back. I think it was like $9.00 or so.

Craftybear
    I've heard that refilled cartridges can cause problems to the printer too.

I went to Walgreens to have both (color & BW) refilled and they ruined both of them. Couldn't put them back into my printer.

Got new ones from Amazon a combo pack (1 color; 1 BW) for $53.97.

Overstock.com and Sam's Club

Blog Entries
    I go to BJ's and Costco. They are still expensive--that's why the printers are so cheap--they make their money off the ink!

Blog Entries
    i just ordered from http://www.123inkjets.com/ and paid about $25 for one black and one color cartridge. there was a free shipping offer at the time. my printer takes #60 cartridges.

Blog Entries
    I buy mine in a combo pack at Office Depot...about $50.00 plus. Although lots of time they are out of stock. I will then buy them individually. One time, I checked and I could buy both individually cheaper than in a combo...go figure on that one. I usually use my Office Depot Rewards to buy my ink cartridges since none of their coupons apply to them. I also recycle my old cartridges and get a $3 credit for each one.

I buy the refill kit at Staples for $20 (black) and $22(colour) and fill my own. They each have three small bottles of ink and I can refill using the provided syringe eight to ten times. It's definately a time saver but use the diagram to fill the colour cartridge or you may get green ink!

Blog Entries
    My refills cost more than that. And I've never had any luck with the refills. I just run the cartridges until I get blank paper and then I "bite the bullet" and go buy them. Usually at Staples. I just don't understand why they have to be so expensive. Is some part of them made of gold??? :hunf:

Have found that Ace Hardware here in Jax Fl. is least expensive for refills.

iPrint.com

CarrotInk.com

I order from these online links. Sometimes they offer free shipping and you receive the ink a couple days after you order it. They are very prompt!

I usually buy mine at Walmart.

Blog Entries
    This is a little off topic, but to save on ink, when in the print dialog box, click on "Properties" button. I can change the print quality to "Fast Draft". Great when you don't need a "good" copy, and uses less ink!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    i just ordered from http://www.123inkjets.com/ and paid about $25 for one black and one color cartridge. there was a free shipping offer at the time. my printer takes #60 cartridges.
    -------------------------------------------------
    That's the one my school teacher daughter gets hers from. I did for a while but when I need it I want it now, so go to Staples, which is less than $30 for both black and color. Mine takes 74 and 75 inks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad
    This is a little off topic, but to save on ink, when in the print dialog box, click on "Properties" button. I can change the print quality to "Fast Draft". Great when you don't need a "good" copy, and uses less ink!
    That's what I do too. It has saved me a lot.

I get mine at Costco. Costco can also refill them, but I always buy new. I use my printer to print on fabric and I can't afford to use cheap ink since I want to be able to wash the quilts.

I go to Cartridge World. They are mush cheaper as they are refilled cartriges. We don't have one nearby so I get enough when we visit my son in Greenville, S.C.

my dh just brings it home from work.. that is what he does... office supply...

Blog Entries
    That's why I just got a new printer for Mother's Day from my daughter. Kodak, all in one, ESP C310...Cheapest ink on the market. $9.00 for black and $19.99 for color. It comes in a combo for $27.?? at Walmart. My old HP ran close to $60. for combo...Like it so far. It can be wireless also but have to have a router for that. I use the USB cable..

I think I will be buying mine direct from HP from now on. I just checked out all the ones suggested and then checked HP. They are cheaper there than anywhere else I've looked and it's free shipping. Not bad in my estimation.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast