Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where has summer gone?

I can't beleive that summer is almost gone and school is starting. My quilting has really slowed down I recently made 2 purses and finished a quilt top for my hubby. I find myself needing to sew on something almost weekly to keep my sanity. I'll try to post pictures soon. Does anyone else look forward to cooler weather and time to sew again?

No, I hate cold weather.

Considering it was over 100 degrees here today, summer hasn't gone anywhere.

There does seem to be a bit of fall in the air, though, in spite of the heat.

I, too, hate cold weather. I can survive in heat even though I'm miserable. But bad cold freezes my brain and I can't function at all. And if it's heavy snow or ice, I can't even get out of my driveway. Don't have that problem with intense heat.

Blog Entries
    I'm ready for the heat and humidity to GO FAR AWAY. I'll take Louisiana winters any day.:)

Blog Entries
    I am ready for fall weather

Blog Entries
    I don't like Winter either...old bones and thin blood and i can stay inside in the AC and also go outside for a few minutes. In winter, I just want to curl up and do nothing.

Also, our 92 degrees weather here in MS has just a tinge of fall in it. Heard on our local news that at kickoff time at Friday night football games the temp will be 100 degrees!!

I agree with erstan947, I'm tired of heat and humidity but like our milder winters. Don't like cold weather.

Blog Entries
    Are you kidding........!
    I'm wishing for cooler weather already; I even painted my sewing room a Pumpkin color in hopes it cools soon.

Blog Entries
    It almost felt like fall Monday morning. I took DD to school and was surprised at how cool it was. We had just gone camping the weekend before and it was so hot and humid! Now the days are cool and breezy. Just as if someone flipped a switch. I don't mind the cooler weather, maybe I will feel like quilting again.

I'm ready for Fall but not winter.

We did not even have a summer here in the netherlands, all we had was rain...We did not go on holiday, because we had a baby girl in april and i did not want to drive far ( we had to drive really far to the south of france or even spain to get some sun) or fly because of my 3 year old boy...he just can't sit still for 5 seconds let alone 5 hours on the plane, lol..

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel
    I'm ready for Fall but not winter.
    I completely agree with this. I absolutely love fall, especially here in New England, but I definitely wish I could go south from December through early March, especially after the last winter we had.

Angela

i do, my least favorite season is summer and i find creativity very difficult during this time of year.

i love winter and fall best and typically do my best work during this time.

Blog Entries
    Love the cooler weather - have a hard time tolerating the heat.

Blog Entries
    I hope summer went on around the globe to bless others with it's hot/humid/hazy days. I'm loving the cooler morns, food tasting better & Fall is on the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabricnut
    I can't beleive that summer is almost gone and school is starting. My quilting has really slowed down I recently made 2 purses and finished a quilt top for my hubby. I find myself needing to sew on something almost weekly to keep my sanity. I'll try to post pictures soon. Does anyone else look forward to cooler weather and time to sew again?

Fall and Winter (especially Winter!!) are my favorite time of year. Cool, crisp mornings. The smell of apples permeates the air. Being able to wear hand-knit sweaters. Not sweating my butt off looking like a damp dish rag all the time. And, I love to play in the snow! I don't even mind shoveling or using the snow blower, which is a good thing since I live outside of Buffalo! :shock:

The one thing I love about summers is the long days.I suffer from that seasonal disorder during the winter and it seems to get worse every year.

Quote Originally Posted by redvette54
    The one thing I love about summers is the long days.I suffer from that seasonal disorder during the winter and it seems to get worse every year.
    Talk to your Doctor about Vitamin D3,it seems to help.
    had to edit...what about those lightboxes??

when you find it let me know....
    I hate the winter! ughh i hope we do not have as much snow as we did last year!

The weather here has been fantastic. Clear cool nights and warm in the mid 80's days. I am loving it and not ready to have Fall yet. Even though I think Fall is fantastic here. The only reason I like Winter is that I can sew more. I hate the cold.

Blog Entries
    Bring o on the cooler, wetter weather!