Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where is your clutter hot spot? >

Where is your clutter hot spot?

Where is your clutter hot spot?

Old 01-24-2018, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
Any flat surface in the house is likely to become a hot spot of clutter! My DH has even balanced stuff on rounded surfaces, because, of course, nothing could ever happen to unbalance whatever he put on the rounded surface.

Our kitchen is generally clean, sink has to be clean or I go nuts! I do allow a small amount of messy sink when my 4.5 year old grandson comes to visit and tells me, "That sink needs a SERIOUS cleaning!" (Code for I want to play in the sink.) He really works at cleaning the sink, though.

He also takes the cushions off the couch and gets the dust buster to vacuum all the lint, crumbs, etc. up. I might have to put him on the payroll!
Does he make house calls. I could use his help, maybe he could teach the men in my life how that works.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:11 AM

My clutter hot spot starts right after you open the front door------it continues until you step out the back door.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:46 AM

My sewing room. I have a sofa in there that catches everything I need to put aside for awhile that last to long and it gets covered with more things. Before long it is covered with so many things I need to work on or get finished or get started on. We are getting so old we have so much stuff we need to start getting rid of. It is so hard to let go of years of collecting but the time has come.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:17 PM

The whole house. There is fabric everywhere:even the downstairs bathroom - fabric in basket on floor, batting and empty bins in shower. Studio has 2 cutting tables, 2 armoires and 2 machines set up and stuff everywhere. Not all of it is ours: we are part of a nonprofit (Quilts From the Heart) so we have bins and bolts of fabric stores at our house along with batting we use for quilts. Also have 100 tops to quilt and they take up a lot of space.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:08 PM

My kitchen counter is beautiful and large 4x8 feet. It is also the hot spot. I cannot get my family to stop placing things on it. I clean it and within hours it is back full of clutter. This has gotten to be a sore point. I am tired of picking things up off there. The other hot spot is my DH's socks on the floor. He lets them pile up and seems not to notice. I have left them on the floor for a week one time and his only comment was 'what's with the socks on the floor?' Hurting him is not an option with elder abuse and all but sometimes I just want to smack him on the head. When do wives retire?
Old 01-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
My kitchen counter is beautiful and large 4x8 feet. It is also the hot spot. I cannot get my family to stop placing things on it. I clean it and within hours it is back full of clutter. This has gotten to be a sore point. I am tired of picking things up off there. The other hot spot is my DH's socks on the floor. He lets them pile up and seems not to notice. I have left them on the floor for a week one time and his only comment was 'what's with the socks on the floor?' Hurting him is not an option with elder abuse and all but sometimes I just want to smack him on the head. When do wives retire?
I know you aren't serious and I feel your pain but your last sentence made me laugh out loud!!
Old 01-24-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by dellareya View Post
My clutter hot spot starts right after you open the front door------it continues until you step out the back door.
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 01-24-2018, 06:58 PM

House calls to his Oma's and Aunt Marcia's - but it's a long commute, so it doesn't happen often enough for me!
Old 01-25-2018, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

I'm so glad this thread started. I get so frustrated by my husband's habits and I refuse to pick up after him. My sister lives alone and her place is always so tidy. Groan...............
Old 01-25-2018, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

I have never allowed items to be put on the kitchen counter, bar, or dining room table and left there. DH doesn't do it and the kids were raised not to. Those items can't live there so put them where they belong when you bring them in. I have a big basket on the foyer table to catch the gloves, mail, keys, ect. That keeps everything in one spot. I guess the biggest clutter hot spot is our back porch. Seems everything ends up there to be sorted later. But it's out of the house.