Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: While the boys are away, the girls will play

While the boys are away, the girls will play

Because 'sew' doesn't rhyme with away... My DH & DS are back East to visit family for a week so DD and I have taken over! We have had three girl nights with friends over (great dinners, smores on the fire pit in the backyard & chick flicks) and now we've moved the dining room table into the living room and brought out two of the machines so we can sew together & watch TV & spread out the projects. Even the girl dog is hanging out with us... Hehe - this is fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shannon

Blog Entries
    Sounds like fun...enjoy.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Too bad I'm on the opposite side of the country or I'd join you.. My little boy dogngets impatient, so I'd ship him out to mom's..

Blog Entries
    I am so jealous. I love my three sons, but I always dreamt of doing things like that. Enjoy.
    fatquarters

We do this once a year with all the gals in our family....we get together and sew up a storm and party with chit chat and lots of laughing! Best yet is the ony guy allowed is my DH...but he cooks for us all weekend and is entertaining all of us the whole time too! Isn't it fun.........!!!!!!!
    Claudia

Blog Entries
    Have a wonderful time!

Quote Originally Posted by fatquarters View Post
    I am so jealous. I love my three sons, but I always dreamt of doing things like that. Enjoy.
    I'm happy for you (it sounds too fun!), but jealous, too. My DD & DIL would rather have root canals than sew so I'm up that old creek without a paddle.

Have extra fun for all of us who can't be there!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Enjoy yourselves!!

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I'm happy for you (it sounds too fun!), but jealous, too. My DD & DIL would rather have root canals than sew so I'm up that old creek without a paddle.

Have extra fun for all of us who can't be there!!!
    Yes, is fun. I can't get my three daughters or DIL to come near a sewing machine.

We just started a new tradition this year. My 4 sisters & I stayed at a resort for a week, 3 of us are quilters, so we brought our machines & project. We took turns making dinner so none of us had to cook more than 2 meals the whole week! It was awesome!

Oh, have fun! I love to have the house to myself.
    Peace is one of His greatest gifts.

Blog Entries
    What fun to have girl time and the house just for girls! Wonderful!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    OH how I miss doing this with the DD. She and I used to sew up a storm after going and getting material in the basement sewing room, before we moved to the Western Slope. We would start sewing for christmas in June and be done by October (sewing on Saturdays)but we had quilts done, clothing done. It was a blast for us, we would get chinese food (share some with DH who was upstairs doing whatever!).
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

How wonderful and it sounds like Heaven to me!

Did that today with a GF -- sewed for 7 hours outdoors on the deck table. Beautiful day, lots of sewing and surrounded by beautiful flowers! Just SEW relaxing!!!

Blog Entries
    me too. sounds like so much fun going on there. makes me smile to think of it.

It was fun, but alas... Everyone is back so we had to move the dining room table back into the dining room as it would block the sofa to TV sightline for DH. Still sewing though! DD is trying to finish a new sundress for this weekend. Sleep? Who needs it!? (Me. Time to go to bed)
    Shannon