White Gloves

Old 07-21-2011, 09:01 AM

This costume/fabric warehouse and store is close to me. It's an awesome shop and the customer service is great. If you're ever in the Cincinnati area be sure to stop here. They have everything for costuming, sewing, and crafting.

They also have white gloves!

http://search.theatrehouse.com/searc...x?query=gloves
Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Did a search & found these:

http://www.medexsupply.com/exam-room...pid-42874.html
Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM

there is http://www.whitecottongloves.net/

I think that there's another website, but give me a bit to find it. It's one I go to for cheaper cotton reenacting gloves.

Sorry - here it is: http://www.gloves-online.com/products.php?cat=50
Old 07-21-2011, 10:26 AM

If this was just for your own self in your home, then have you looked into making them? I've seen some where friend long ago made her own for warmth, gloves and not mittens. I'm sure that there are directions online somewhere, but if I remember correctly, they started out by drawing an outline of her own hand and going from there. Knit cotton for the backing for flexibility and woven (could use denim?) for the palm, for strength.

And maybe a strap that goes through your bra straps from arm to arm holding them up? Or use a length of tighter woven for the top few inches of them.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 AM

I am so allergic to dust and can't seem to control it in my house. Was thinking if i had long white gloves it would help. Tried long sleeves and short gloves too hot even with air conditioning and dust still landed on my wrists.
-------------------------------------------
I would change the air conditioning filters more often. And have the doors and windows felted..strips of felt put in to keep the dust and air out. Lived in Albuquerque many years ago and the wind and dust were constant there. Wish that then I'd have known about the films they now have for putting over windows to keep out the fine dust and wind. But even with the windows and doors treated this way, every now and then you MUST open the doors front and back to let the clean wind blow out musty air.

I'd suggest you cut down on overstuffed furniture and go with wood as much as possible, cushions and pillows with comfy washable covers. Think Frank Lloyd Wright instead of Victorian.

And are you sure there's not mold in your house as well as just the dust? Do make sure of that, even to the point of having a town inspector come in, because the mold could really ruin your health before you have much idea it is there. You don't have to actually SEE the mold, you could have it inside your walls with an unseen water leak from the roof, from a weakened pipe, or condensation from that air conditioner you might have, etc.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 PM

try a drug store or a medical supply. A medical supply might be able to order them for you. They are thin and very light weight and not expensive.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did "google" looking for the gloves, did not find any of the sites posted. Strange. Will go thru and take a more thorough look. I have switched to leather furniture, limited curtains/drapes, checked for mold, all the things you mentioned. I even wipe down the cats when they come in the house. Went thru this with my daughter, and she eventually out grew the problem. I had severe allergies as a youngester and eventually it all disappeared, now cycling back. Dr. said this would happen. Hoping he was incorrect. Thanks again.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:44 PM

I checked my google browsing history again, and I noticed the word "bulk" after "long white gloves". That brought up the other sources. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 PM

This site has masses of free patterns, and there's a glove and mitten area. Check it out...I got lost in some of those lovely things that I want to try....
----------------------------------------------------------

Directory of Free Sewing Patterns, Tutorials and Projects

6 days ago ... We've been collecting free sewing patterns for clothes, ... generously sharing on websites, in blogs and elsewhere on the Internet - however ..