White Hair

Old 08-03-2018, 06:57 AM

As a 76 year old with still dark brown hair, I get tired of people accusing me of dying my hair. There a enough gray hair to prove I don't, but most people still think I am friends with Miss Clariol. Both my kids have a LOT more gray then I do.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:18 AM

I got my first gray hairs when I was 26. My grandfather was completely white in his 30's. During the depression he used to take black shoe polish and darken his hair because no one would hire him - they thought he was lying about his age. I started coloring my hair when I was 30 and continued for about 20 years, then decided I was tired of doing that and let it go natural. I am fortunate that most of my hair is now a silvery gray and the back still has some of the dark brown but I think it is beginning to turn now. I am thinking about doing a temporary dye of purple or blue - just to shock all my friends!
Old 08-03-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I get lots of compliments on my white hair, too. I like it. My great grandmother's gray hair was yellowish and I did not want mine to turn out like hers.
Her may have been yellowish from the chemicals they used to put in shampoos. That is why so many older ladies used to tint it with a product called “Bluing”.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:59 PM

I gave up coloring, highlighting, lowlighting a couple of years ago. I simply got tired of the money and time required to achieve the "no gray" look.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:53 PM

My hair started turning white when I was 16. Now I'm in my 60s, so I have had it a long time. I really miss my dark hair.

Leslie
Old 08-04-2018, 12:16 AM

My hair grows so fast that I found coloring it a pain. My gray doesn't bother me, I earned every one of them and had lots of fun in the process.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:49 AM

Remember Mon The golden girls when her hair was a little longer? It was white gray and so pretty. I want hair like that....mine is gray and more salt and pepper.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:09 AM

Thank you
Old 08-04-2018, 10:18 AM

I had a steak of white hair in the front of my head from the age of 19. At first it bothered me but as I got older, I learned to comb it so that it added interest to my hair cut. At the age of 70, my hair is mostly a beautiful shiny white that glistens in the sun. I love it. I love that my DH once asked a woman if she had seen me when he lost me at a fair. The woman told me he had asked for the "little brown woman with the most beautiful long white hair at the fair." She said she just knew it was me. PS, just as an aside, I have always hated my hair because it would never behave like 'good' hair should. I have used every cream, lotion, hair gel, curler, straightener to relax my curly thick hair. Now, in my old age, the hair has lost it's curly kinky ways and is easy to manage with just wash and wear. Who knew my old lady hair would be so easy to manage? lol
Old 08-04-2018, 11:01 AM
mac

My hair is medium brown and when I first started getting grey hair, it sort of came in a streak in the back of my head. For a while there it was looking like a skunk. Now my brown hair is more grey and it is forming a white streak in the front of my hair. At least it doesn't look like a skunk anymore.

Even though I don't mind getting grey hair, I do mind the grey hairs in my dark brown eyebrows! One by one, they would come in and stand out saying "here I am." I don't tweeze my eyebrows as a rule, but I do pull out the grey ones. Now my eyebrows are getting really thin. I wish they would make up their mind, either get all white or stay all brown.