Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who is Ready for Some Snow???? >

Who is Ready for Some Snow????

Who is Ready for Some Snow????

Old 01-10-2011, 07:02 AM

No snow here yet!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 AM

about 3-4 inches here and its still coming down! Supposed to snow all day and change over to sleet/freezing rain tonight. I called a snow day for the kids and dh is home today. Soon as I clean the kitchen and start the soup I'm off to sew!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 AM

We have about 3 inches of snow, hubby is home from work and all is well with the world- NOW lol
I have dish internet and had to go out and sweep snow and ice off so I could get my internet. I was about to panic. LOL
Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
we got about 4 inches at Christmas but it melted quickly. we had a few flurries today that weren't called for. We know that if its coming thru Atlanta we are going to get it! If it comes from the west the mountains stop it and it never comes from the north it seems. Lets see I have the makings for a big pot of veggie soup, plenty of other groceries, toilet paper,wood on the porch, fabric and a treadle..........bring it on! Dh has 4wd and can get to work and the kids are homeschooled so we are good.
Where in SC do you live?I'm in Greenville. Got 8 in. here last nite and now sleet and everything iced over. We are formally from Northern Mi. so we can deal with it but still stay off the roads because of those who don't know how to drive in it.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM

I too live around atlanta. Today everything is shut down. There is ice every where. They told everyone if you didn't have to get out to stay home. I was born and raised in the north so I know what the weather can be like. This isn't really nothing compared to what alot of you are going through. So for the first time in years I did enjoy a snow day off with my husband.My husbands shop didn't even open. As for my job they don't close.If you can make it in the more the happier. They are even offering to come and get anyone who wants to come in tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM

I live just south of Atlanta and the ice has ruined the snowfall! My dogs were having the best time playing in the snow ---- then the freezing rain ruined it for them ---- they are skidding around on the ice and don't know where to go potty! I used to live north of Chicago --- so a little snow and ice doesn't scare me, but this is a reminder of why I moved away. LOL I must admit - watching the snow fall made me a bit homesick.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:55 AM

Ice here in central NC. From what I see on the news, staying home might be a good thing today.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
I live just south of Atlanta and the ice has ruined the snowfall! My dogs were having the best time playing in the snow ---- then the freezing rain ruined it for them ---- they are skidding around on the ice and don't know where to go potty! I used to live north of Chicago --- so a little snow and ice doesn't scare me, but this is a reminder of why I moved away. LOL I must admit - watching the snow fall made me a bit homesick.
I used to live around chicago too. In Rockford. the weather doesn't scare me either. I have been away from it so long that I seem to enjoy it as long as I am not traveling on the ice.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM

I would take the snow but here in NC we got ice and freezing rain and that is worse then the snow. I am lucky that I am now retired and do not have to worry about going to work and driving on the horrible roads.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

It is almost gone here, just snow in the yard and trees. The roads are 95% clear and we are getting back to the ole' grind. But here is what it looked like when I went outside Monday morning........

Billy

Poor little Hot Rod all cold and white
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158215[/ATTACH]

My Pom on the prowl!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158216[/ATTACH]

Looking out of my Garage across my side yard into my neighbors front yard and looking towards the main drag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158218[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158210.jpe   attachment-158211.jpe   attachment-158213.jpe