Who Are You?

Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 AM

Aggi:
I love the pictures of the horses...reminds me of my childhood when we spent our summers on the back of our horses..great memories. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM

Marieg:
I didn't think your pictures were sad at all. When I looked at the close up one of your granddaughter and yourself I thought "with that natural strawberry blonde hair and the peaches and cream complextion I wonder if she's Scandanavian?" I looked to see what part of the world you are from but it doesn't say in your name/avatar area. Maybe the pictures you sent seem SAD to you because they were taken at a sad time in your loss when you were grieving the loss of a family member. They don't come across as sad to me and you chose pictures to share with us that you love and what better pictures to share. Thank you.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:49 AM

Feathers, too funny I am Polish a tad Irish. My hair was strawberry blonds naturally (very strange since both my parents had dark hair, as well as the extended families), I'm not gray but a pewter color now. My grand-daughter has black hair and is half Mexican. Of course her hair color changes a lot. The man she married has dark hair and so does the baby.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:03 AM

OK, Marie: Now that we know you're Polish, when are you going to post some authentic POLISH recipies? We had some really good Polish friends years ago when XH was in the service and Gail used to make these wonderful stuffed bread sandwhiches with cooked meat, cabbage in them. Pierogies I think is what she called them. We loved them. As for hair color, both my parents and all my siblings had medium color hair but mine TURNED BLONDE when I went to beauty school at age 18 and has been blonde every since...isn't that amazzzzzzzing. Here I am, over 60 and not a grey hair on my head of BLONDE hair. :lol: :lol:
Old 02-22-2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Aggi:
I love the pictures of the horses...reminds me of my childhood when we spent our summers on the back of our horses..great memories. Thanks for sharing.
My Pleasure Feathers!! :D
Old 02-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
That is a beautiful shot of your lake, absolutely gorgeous, where are you from andwhats the weather like in general?
Hi Izy, I live in West Tennessee, the closest city is Memphis (you know Elvis's home??) Mostly the land all around Memphis and in West Tenn. is very flat..mostly delta farm type land close to the Mississippi river. The further you get from the river, the land begins to roll a little bit. Thats what we have..gently rolling land.

The weather here is anything but typical, but generally warm. We will get a few cold snaps (for us southern girls..cold is anything below 60 degrees :mrgreen: ) Actually, it might get down to 20 for a couple of nights in a row, but thats about it for the winter. We have freak ice storms, etc.,, luckily they don't last long. Average temp is in the 50's. Spring /fall- beautiful weather..they just don't last long enough before HOT and HUMID summer comes. It is generally HOT and sticky from June through to Sept. Hight 90's...some weeks of over 100. We like to travel in the summer to get away from the heat and our favorite place to travel is Canada! :D
Old 02-22-2008, 11:17 AM

Sandpat!! head on over to Newfoundland!! East Coast... St. John's!!! We have a beautiful summer here.. we don't get the intense insane heat that you get down there, but you do get a beautiful soft salt sea breeze! There is nothing quite like sitting along one of our beaches (not the hot sandy beaches you think of normally) we do have them, but the nice beach rock beaches are nice.. Anyway, come to Middle Cove Beach and let the cool ocean breeze relax you as you look out over the blue ocean watching our little orange/white/black puffins play in the air and the whales lazily breaching around the coves. The cliffs will amaze you. come in June and you might be lucky to see an iceberg!!!

Come Play on My Island :)
Old 02-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Izy

It sounds like a truly lovely place to be, lucky you - shall we start a new thread to go with this one - and where do you live?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:59 AM

Yes Izy!! Lets do it!!! New thread.. Where we live and any travels we have done!! You wanna start it? Its the end of the work day here.. Its Friday and I"m gettin' out of this office!!!

Cheers!! I hope to get into the chat room tonight for a gab session :)
Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Izy

O.k. consider it started!!