Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Did I Hide Those Cashews??

Now I can't find them! Cashews are a luxury at my house and I bought some for Christmas. I decided to hide them ( I must admit I had a few samples LOL!) so they wouldn't get eaten before our dinner. NOW I can't find them. I have looked in all my obvious hiding places, I really have no idea where I put them.
    Two days left till Christmas, I sure hope they show up.

Soooo, I know I am not alone on this issue :-D

LOL I hate when I hide stuff so well I can't find it! I have done this with Christmas presents. Maybe the cashews are in someone's tummy?

I have this problem with Halloween candy. I have given it to neighbors to keep for me till Trick or Treat nite.

It's the elves, they found your hiding place, lol.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't find the Chex Party Mix I made last night. I asked DH if he knew where I had hidden it. Yep. We ate the last of it. Gonna have to make some more.

Quote Originally Posted by barbsmith
    I couldn't find the Chex Party Mix I made last night. I asked DH if he knew where I had hidden it. Yep. We ate the last of it. Gonna have to make some more.
    LOL :lol: I know thats not what happened to my cashews. I am cleaning house today, hopefully they will show up.

Blog Entries
    Good luck! Those things are not cheap.

About 15 years ago I was on a medication that effected my memory. I would buy presents and forget where I had hidden them or even that I had bought them. Fortunately, I was able to figure it out and return the duplicates! :)

Banned
    Most christmas seasons I can't find one present until after christmas. I have very curious children but apparently I hide things too well sometimes. Merry Christmas and I hope you find them.

I was cleaning out my large linen closet the other day and found a gift I bought probably 5-6 years ago LOL!! Good thing it wasn't cashews! (Now you know how often I clean my linen closet-I'm embarrassed.)

I don't know where your cashews are. I love cashews, mine would have been in my tummy shortly after purchasing them.
    That pineapple upside down cake in your avatar would also be in my tumy if I could get to it. It looks yummy.

:lol:

OMG, I feel for you. We love cashews over here, too!

I love cashews too and they wouldn't be hidden here unless they ended up in my tummy.

You will find them the day after Christmas!!

Blog Entries
    I have faith you will find them in time for your gathering. My friend Mary lost her homemade caramels and last night as we were all playing Sequence she dropped a sequence chip on the floor. As she bent down to pick it up she found the can of carmels in a stack of items under her buffet. We all laughed and enjoyed her wonderful carmels. Clear your mind and try to remember where was the last place you were when you ate some (smile). Merry Christmas

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that! Once I hid a Christmas gift ( a Santa gift) and I've never found it!! That was 40 years ago!! And yes, I do clean more often than that.LOL Only thing I can figure is it fell between the walls in the basement.Nope, couldn't be there, we just remodeled there and went to the studs. Maybe it fell in those holes that are in concrete blocks( outside walls???)

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I have faith you will find them in time for your gathering. My friend Mary lost her homemade caramels and last night as we were all playing Sequence she dropped a sequence chip on the floor. As she bent down to pick it up she found the can of carmels in a stack of items under her buffet. We all laughed and enjoyed her wonderful carmels. Clear your mind and try to remember where was the last place you were when you ate some (smile). Merry Christmas
    You know what is bad? I have NO recollection of where I put them, only that I needed to hide them from my husband and the few handfuls I ate were good. I just called my husband at work to see if possibly he found and ate them.
    Nope, he didn't know that I had bought any. I can't believe that I can't remember where I put them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lneal
    You know what is bad? I have NO recollection of where I put them, only that I needed to hide them from my husband and the few handfuls I ate were good. I just called my husband at work to see if possibly he found and ate them.
    Nope, he didn't know that I had bought any. I can't believe that I can't remember where I put them!!
    I had gained weight and took off my wedding ring because it was getting too tight. I put it in a special place. I lost thirty pounds and was so excited that I could now wear my ring. I couldn't find it anywhere. My husband bought me a new one which I love. But it has been a year and I still can't find it. It scares me so that I have completely blanked on where it is. :oops:

In the crisper tray of the fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that! Once I hid a Christmas gift ( a Santa gift) and I've never found it!! That was 40 years ago!! And yes, I do clean more often than that.LOL Only thing I can figure is it fell between the walls in the basement.Nope, couldn't be there, we just remodeled there and went to the studs. Maybe it fell in those holes that are in concrete blocks( outside walls???)
    I think that one accidently ended up in the trash and it's truly gone forever.

Blog Entries
    I've done that with my rotary cutter and ruler. My kids are little and I'm always hiding things from curious little hands and haven't seen my cutter and ruler for over a month. I have no idea where they could be. I've looked in all the usual places. But... I know that there will be new ones in my stocking in 2 days and I can get back to creating again!!! Best of luck finding the nummy cashews. If you have no luck, Costco has the best price on cashews...

Quote Originally Posted by MrsM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lneal
    I had gained weight and took off my wedding ring because it was getting too tight. I put it in a special place. I lost thirty pounds and was so excited that I could now wear my ring. I couldn't find it anywhere. My husband bought me a new one which I love. But it has been a year and I still can't find it. It scares me so that I have completely blanked on where it is. :oops:
    I had surgery one November and took off my rings putting them in a SAFE place. I looked and looke for them in vain. My husband had passed away the previous year so no hope there of replacements. Besides I lost my engagement twice and I had to replace it the second time. He said once is enough! Then one day int May just happened to lift up a piece of paper in a very shallow drawer and there they were! Now I give anything I can't live without to my best friend. She doesn't have the same kind of safe places that I have!

Quote Originally Posted by luvnquilt
    I've done that with my rotary cutter and ruler. My kids are little and I'm always hiding things from curious little hands and haven't seen my cutter and ruler for over a month. I have no idea where they could be. I've looked in all the usual places. But... I know that there will be new ones in my stocking in 2 days and I can get back to creating again!!! Best of luck finding the nummy cashews. If you have no luck, Costco has the best price on cashews...
    Oh dear another post I can relate to. I cut out a quilt using my half-inch June Taylor slotted ruler and now I can't find the ruler. It was too big to put in the trash and I have looked everywhere! Well, maybe not on top of the cabinet. I am waiting to get another one at Joann's when I have a coupon. Of course, the first one will be waiting for me when I get home from Joann's! Grrrrrrr!

You may never find them!!! My grandmother hid my brother's present......then called me over to her house to help her find it later. 30 yrs later, she went into a home and we were cleaning out her house -- we finally found it!!!!!!!!!!

Whooo Hooo! I found my cashews!! I figured I must have hid them somewhere away from the kitchen. I went into my bedroom and pulled down a basket from the top of my mirror and they were inside. :D :D I don't remember putting them in there. At 54 yrs I should not be so forgetful.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast