Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: Why Did I Hide Those Cashews??

  1. #1
    Super Member Lneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,088
    Now I can't find them! Cashews are a luxury at my house and I bought some for Christmas. I decided to hide them ( I must admit I had a few samples LOL!) so they wouldn't get eaten before our dinner. NOW I can't find them. I have looked in all my obvious hiding places, I really have no idea where I put them.
    Two days left till Christmas, I sure hope they show up.

    Soooo, I know I am not alone on this issue :-D

  2. #2
    Super Member lauriejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    3,315
    LOL I hate when I hide stuff so well I can't find it! I have done this with Christmas presents. Maybe the cashews are in someone's tummy?

  3. #3
    Super Member donnajean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Holland, PA
    Posts
    4,321
    I have this problem with Halloween candy. I have given it to neighbors to keep for me till Trick or Treat nite.

  4. #4
    Super Member magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,075
    It's the elves, they found your hiding place, lol.

  5. #5
    Senior Member barbsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    363
    Blog Entries
    1
    I couldn't find the Chex Party Mix I made last night. I asked DH if he knew where I had hidden it. Yep. We ate the last of it. Gonna have to make some more.

  6. #6
    Super Member Lneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by barbsmith
    I couldn't find the Chex Party Mix I made last night. I asked DH if he knew where I had hidden it. Yep. We ate the last of it. Gonna have to make some more.
    LOL :lol: I know thats not what happened to my cashews. I am cleaning house today, hopefully they will show up.

  7. #7
    Senior Member barbsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    363
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good luck! Those things are not cheap.

  8. #8
    Super Member aorlflood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    currently living in WV
    Posts
    1,416
    About 15 years ago I was on a medication that effected my memory. I would buy presents and forget where I had hidden them or even that I had bought them. Fortunately, I was able to figure it out and return the duplicates! :)

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,084
    Most christmas seasons I can't find one present until after christmas. I have very curious children but apparently I hide things too well sometimes. Merry Christmas and I hope you find them.

  10. #10
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    I was cleaning out my large linen closet the other day and found a gift I bought probably 5-6 years ago LOL!! Good thing it wasn't cashews! (Now you know how often I clean my linen closet-I'm embarrassed.)

  11. #11
    Super Member KathyAire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,414
    I don't know where your cashews are. I love cashews, mine would have been in my tummy shortly after purchasing them.
    That pineapple upside down cake in your avatar would also be in my tumy if I could get to it. It looks yummy.

  12. #12
    Super Member Rebecca VLQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,490
    :lol:

    OMG, I feel for you. We love cashews over here, too!

  13. #13
    Super Member pojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,871
    I love cashews too and they wouldn't be hidden here unless they ended up in my tummy.

  14. #14
    Super Member maryb119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,727
    You will find them the day after Christmas!!

  15. #15
    Super Member Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,902
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have faith you will find them in time for your gathering. My friend Mary lost her homemade caramels and last night as we were all playing Sequence she dropped a sequence chip on the floor. As she bent down to pick it up she found the can of carmels in a stack of items under her buffet. We all laughed and enjoyed her wonderful carmels. Clear your mind and try to remember where was the last place you were when you ate some (smile). Merry Christmas

  16. #16
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,200
    Blog Entries
    6
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that! Once I hid a Christmas gift ( a Santa gift) and I've never found it!! That was 40 years ago!! And yes, I do clean more often than that.LOL Only thing I can figure is it fell between the walls in the basement.Nope, couldn't be there, we just remodeled there and went to the studs. Maybe it fell in those holes that are in concrete blocks( outside walls???)

  17. #17
    Super Member Lneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I have faith you will find them in time for your gathering. My friend Mary lost her homemade caramels and last night as we were all playing Sequence she dropped a sequence chip on the floor. As she bent down to pick it up she found the can of carmels in a stack of items under her buffet. We all laughed and enjoyed her wonderful carmels. Clear your mind and try to remember where was the last place you were when you ate some (smile). Merry Christmas
    You know what is bad? I have NO recollection of where I put them, only that I needed to hide them from my husband and the few handfuls I ate were good. I just called my husband at work to see if possibly he found and ate them.
    Nope, he didn't know that I had bought any. I can't believe that I can't remember where I put them!!

  18. #18
    Super Member MrsM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hoosick Falls, NY
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Lneal
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I have faith you will find them in time for your gathering. My friend Mary lost her homemade caramels and last night as we were all playing Sequence she dropped a sequence chip on the floor. As she bent down to pick it up she found the can of carmels in a stack of items under her buffet. We all laughed and enjoyed her wonderful carmels. Clear your mind and try to remember where was the last place you were when you ate some (smile). Merry Christmas
    You know what is bad? I have NO recollection of where I put them, only that I needed to hide them from my husband and the few handfuls I ate were good. I just called my husband at work to see if possibly he found and ate them.
    Nope, he didn't know that I had bought any. I can't believe that I can't remember where I put them!!
    I had gained weight and took off my wedding ring because it was getting too tight. I put it in a special place. I lost thirty pounds and was so excited that I could now wear my ring. I couldn't find it anywhere. My husband bought me a new one which I love. But it has been a year and I still can't find it. It scares me so that I have completely blanked on where it is. :oops:

  19. #19
    Super Member thimblebug6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    6,122
    In the crisper tray of the fridge?

  20. #20
    Super Member KathyAire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that! Once I hid a Christmas gift ( a Santa gift) and I've never found it!! That was 40 years ago!! And yes, I do clean more often than that.LOL Only thing I can figure is it fell between the walls in the basement.Nope, couldn't be there, we just remodeled there and went to the studs. Maybe it fell in those holes that are in concrete blocks( outside walls???)
    I think that one accidently ended up in the trash and it's truly gone forever.

  21. #21
    Senior Member luvnquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Junction City, OR
    Posts
    481
    Blog Entries
    1
    I've done that with my rotary cutter and ruler. My kids are little and I'm always hiding things from curious little hands and haven't seen my cutter and ruler for over a month. I have no idea where they could be. I've looked in all the usual places. But... I know that there will be new ones in my stocking in 2 days and I can get back to creating again!!! Best of luck finding the nummy cashews. If you have no luck, Costco has the best price on cashews...

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CA & NM
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lneal
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I have faith you will find them in time for your gathering. My friend Mary lost her homemade caramels and last night as we were all playing Sequence she dropped a sequence chip on the floor. As she bent down to pick it up she found the can of carmels in a stack of items under her buffet. We all laughed and enjoyed her wonderful carmels. Clear your mind and try to remember where was the last place you were when you ate some (smile). Merry Christmas
    You know what is bad? I have NO recollection of where I put them, only that I needed to hide them from my husband and the few handfuls I ate were good. I just called my husband at work to see if possibly he found and ate them.
    Nope, he didn't know that I had bought any. I can't believe that I can't remember where I put them!!
    I had gained weight and took off my wedding ring because it was getting too tight. I put it in a special place. I lost thirty pounds and was so excited that I could now wear my ring. I couldn't find it anywhere. My husband bought me a new one which I love. But it has been a year and I still can't find it. It scares me so that I have completely blanked on where it is. :oops:
    I had surgery one November and took off my rings putting them in a SAFE place. I looked and looke for them in vain. My husband had passed away the previous year so no hope there of replacements. Besides I lost my engagement twice and I had to replace it the second time. He said once is enough! Then one day int May just happened to lift up a piece of paper in a very shallow drawer and there they were! Now I give anything I can't live without to my best friend. She doesn't have the same kind of safe places that I have!

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CA & NM
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by luvnquilt
    I've done that with my rotary cutter and ruler. My kids are little and I'm always hiding things from curious little hands and haven't seen my cutter and ruler for over a month. I have no idea where they could be. I've looked in all the usual places. But... I know that there will be new ones in my stocking in 2 days and I can get back to creating again!!! Best of luck finding the nummy cashews. If you have no luck, Costco has the best price on cashews...
    Oh dear another post I can relate to. I cut out a quilt using my half-inch June Taylor slotted ruler and now I can't find the ruler. It was too big to put in the trash and I have looked everywhere! Well, maybe not on top of the cabinet. I am waiting to get another one at Joann's when I have a coupon. Of course, the first one will be waiting for me when I get home from Joann's! Grrrrrrr!

  24. #24
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    You may never find them!!! My grandmother hid my brother's present......then called me over to her house to help her find it later. 30 yrs later, she went into a home and we were cleaning out her house -- we finally found it!!!!!!!!!!

  25. #25
    Super Member Lneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,088
    Whooo Hooo! I found my cashews!! I figured I must have hid them somewhere away from the kitchen. I went into my bedroom and pulled down a basket from the top of my mirror and they were inside. :D :D I don't remember putting them in there. At 54 yrs I should not be so forgetful.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.